corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » No switched 12v+ at stereo/headunit ISO connector

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author No switched 12v+ at stereo/headunit ISO connector
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
7th Mar 09 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm totally stumped! I decided I was getting bored of having no stereo in the corsa so I stuck one in but it was dead as a dodo.. I checked the ISO connector and I'm getting the permenant 12v+ but no ignition swtiched 12v+, I've checked all th fuses and they are all fine..

What on earth could I be over looking? Everything else works, hazards, interior light, head lights, heaters etc. etc.
Steveocee

8th Mar 09 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ignition barrel?

If you have your ignition on and the fuses are all OK, a fault we have found at work is that the ignition barrels can "collapse".

Worst case scenario is that if your ciggy lighter socket is working you could take a feed from there
DaveyLC

8th Mar 09 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Turns out it was the ignition barrel I've got the steering column from a later car and there are only two swtiched 12v feeds, my old barrel must have had 3 and the third one is for the stereo.. I've bridged it now and it works pefectly

New Poll