corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Microsoft reclassified RROD to avoid replacements?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Microsoft reclassified RROD to avoid replacements?
John

User status: Offline
20th Mar 09 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/19/joystiq-survey-xbox-360-e74-errors-on-the-rise-since-nxe/

Just came across that.

Talk of microsoft making the classic rrod appear as something else so they don't have to replace it under warranty
bubble

20th Mar 09 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i heart these threads. someone in that link sums it up brilliantly by saying it doesnt matter how mnay exclusive games there are, microsoft will never shake the status they have attained with the soapbox.

ps3 ftw! just my opinion by the way
Jambo

20th Mar 09 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i predict much fanboy gayness in this thread.
Nath

20th Mar 09 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Uh-oh, this thread is destined for bad things.
Hammer

20th Mar 09 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Just came across that.

We know you did John, we know you did
John

14th Apr 09 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/microsoft-extends-warranty-cover-e74-$1287835.htm

They've changed the warranty to cover the new error

They've found out that it might possibly relate to the same thing as the original rrod, cowboys.
ssj_kakarot

14th Apr 09 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yawn fanboy.

it realy doesnt make a difference, they sent me a new xbox when my 360 died, it was over 2 years old and only had a dvd drive problem (DRE) no hassel i got a new system in less than 2 weeks.

every other person ive talked to has had there xbox repaired/replaced aswell even if it wasnt RROD.

cowboys

funny wonder which gaming division is making more money at the min sony or xbox

before and one says im a fanboy, I also have a wii and a ps3, i will admit the PS3 has its uses, makes a great blu-ray player.

[Edited on 14-04-2009 by ssj_kakarot]
John

14th Apr 09 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You still fancy me then, cute.

I read that today and thought i'd update the thread, sorry if that makes me a fanboy.
ssj_kakarot

14th Apr 09 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why do you keep saying i fancy you, you post a topic, i dont agree, i reply, generally how a forum works.

u have serious issues, really dont understand why you keep saying i fancy you.

And the reason i reply is you post pap quite a lot.

[Edited on 14-04-2009 by ssj_kakarot]
John

14th Apr 09 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same reason you say i'm a fanboy mostly.

I'm a microsoft fanboy in other threads, a sony one in this one, a dell one in an other.

I thought on forums you generally recounted your experiences and opinions, this apparently makes me a fanboy, same as you fancy me.
Robbo

14th Apr 09 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doesnt matter if they repair or replace it, the hassle of it all given that its a pretty big certainty to fail is enough to warrant steering well clear of one imo
John

14th Apr 09 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like that edit above my post ssj instead of posting it after mine, I nearly didn't notice it.

If i'm actually posting pap about something, and not just giving a different opinion from yours, feel free to tell me, I try my best not to so quite happy if you point out when I do.
Cole

14th Apr 09 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have an e74 fault on one of my 3 xboxs i got given this one i tried to get it done under warranty but its rtegistyered to someone who emigrated to oz and i have no way of getting in touch with em and msoft wont repair it as i dont have details of previous owner gutted
ssj_kakarot

15th Apr 09 at 01:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I like that edit above my post ssj instead of posting it after mine, I nearly didn't notice it.

If i'm actually posting pap about something, and not just giving a different opinion from yours, feel free to tell me, I try my best not to so quite happy if you point out when I do.

your very egotistical, please show me when i have called you a microsoft or dell fanboy?

yes ive called you a sony fanboy because funnily enough you are.

and you need to get over this seriously ive made direct replies to like a handfull of your posts.

the dell one because your full of shit and basically said you have rang up twice said your charger is fauly and they sent you 2 free new laptops without needing to see the faulty old one.

and replied to this because you constantly say xbox's are shite and ps3 is god, which is not true at all.

there both excellent system and microsoft isnt out to rape anyone.

and how on earth is this thread about your experiences has this happened to you post NXE update? hmm didnt think so.

[Edited on 15-04-2009 by ssj_kakarot]
Nath

15th Apr 09 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Uh-oh, this thread is destined for bad things.

John

15th Apr 09 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I said experiences and opinions, please read more carefully next time.

Apart from reporting some news, the only opinion I had noted in here, regarding the original thread anyway, was that microsoft (the 360 team) are cowboys, which is opinion and a bit of experience, although yes, I don't have a 360 so can't comment on that quite as much as the people who have had 10 faulty ones.

Regarding the laptops, again you didn't read properly, I didn't say the charger had done anything, I was talking about the charger on loubielous computer, but yes, I have had 2 replacements without them checking the old ones.
Nath

15th Apr 09 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had 3 Xbox 360's. And yes, they all got sorted. Eventually! I can tell you though it wasn't much fun missing out on some EPIC gaming sessions with my mates. Bloody thing should never have gone wrong, it cost me £300 back in the day.
John

15th Apr 09 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All electronics break, even ps3's.

We found out years ago that the 360's failed much more than any product should, I don't think there are many people, even die hard 360 fans, that would disagree.

I'll start u2u'ing you and stories I find Nath, you've had both, you can't be accused of being a fanboy.
Nath

15th Apr 09 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh aye stuff breaks, but at one point I had 2 of them break on me in a single year FFS Nothing else of mine electrical went tits up that often. It shouldn't have been allowed. Free repair or not.

Bet I still get the fanboy stick waved at me though
ash_corsa

15th Apr 09 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PS3 BD Rom drives fail hell of alot, nothing is perfect...

PS3 for me though!
Robbo

15th Apr 09 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I've had 3 Xbox 360's. And yes, they all got sorted. Eventually! I can tell you though it wasn't much fun missing out on some EPIC gaming sessions with my mates. Bloody thing should never have gone wrong, it cost me £300 back in the day.
if 90% of customers werent teenagers then makers of the xbox would be out business due to the poor quality of their product. i believe 6 sigma defects per 1,000,000 is 6? I would imagine Xboxes have like a 50-50 likelihood of breaking!
ssj_kakarot

15th Apr 09 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
if 90% of customers werent teenagers then makers of the xbox would be out business due to the poor quality of their product. i believe 6 sigma defects per 1,000,000 is 6? I would imagine Xboxes have like a 50-50 likelihood of breaking!

no xbox's would not be out of business lol.

yes they are a crap and no 300 pound product should fail as much.

however, it was released a long time befoe the ps3 and was quite a bit cheaper, thats the reason its doing so well, not because of younger people buying them.

every one of my friends bar one who is into gaming has an xbox, there all 22 years or older.
Robbo

15th Apr 09 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can guarantee you that 99% of companies with a fault rate of along the lines of the xbox would not survive long! (assumign it was their only prodcut, obv)
bubble

15th Apr 09 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
can guarantee you that 99% of companies with a fault rate of along the lines of the xbox would not survive long! (assumign it was their only prodcut, obv)

tbf robbo look at microsofts track record of OS. xp blue screen of death. vista still not bug free. and now they have axed windows mobile! the xbox is the least of their worries!!
Adam_B

16th Apr 09 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think branding them 'cowboys' is a tad over the top, i mean by all means if they didnt acknowledge the problem or offer any warranty then fair enough. But there not are they? They know there product isnt perfect and they seem to me to do everything within reason to keep their customers happy. What more do you want them to do exactly?

My 360 Elite has died once since the week of release when I got it and yes its anoying but i managed fine for a week without it, it wasnt the end of the world and i didnt gouge my own eye balls out through boredom. Obviously certain people never get bored of fishing for the same old 360 vs PS3 internet arguments...

edit - I mean that red ring thing, not the E74 jobbie.

[Edited on 16-04-2009 by Adam_B]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll