corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Just got a PSP... connecting wireless!?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just got a PSP... connecting wireless!?
kz

User status: Offline
18th Apr 09 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi just wondering if I'm missing anything obvious. Basically setting it up the same way I did with my PS3, everything on auto, enter my WPA key, but it just won't connect, says a connection with the access point couldn't be reached, please check your security setttings

Strangely I put my PS3 as WEP, but my PC would only accept WPA, although I've been told they're the same key anyway... have tried both with the PSP but no luck
podgeworth

18th Apr 09 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you got a button on your router you have to press to allow things to connect to it, i had to do this on my orange box.
might work for you
kz

18th Apr 09 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good point mate! The pairing thing, forgot about that... mine's an orange box too, so I'll try that in the morning

One more thing, do I wanna do an update on it? It's a PSP-1000 which means you can run cracked software on there or something doesn't it?
MarkM

19th Apr 09 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have the earlier firmware I wouldn't upgrade as it means you won't be able to run the homebrew stuff.

Couldn't tell you what firmware is the earliest.
kz

20th Apr 09 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After a short search I think you can only downgrade to 1.5 if you have 2.71. I'm on 2.81... so might as well do the update, otherwise it won't talk to my PS3!
MarkM

21st Apr 09 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do it.

I have one and only really use it on holiday to play PES etc..

I have a Nintendo DS too now.
kz

21st Apr 09 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trying to get remote play set up so I can access my PS3 from work. Got it working fine at home... private network, connect to PS3, straight in. However doing it at work using the internet option is just sits there saying "it can take a maximum of 90 secs" but it just times out everytime.

I even tried setting my PS3 to accept remote play (even though the PSP website says you can remotely turn on your PS3!?) but again no luck. Also tried selected private network for the hell of it but sits there with a blank screen for a while before timing out what am I doing wrong!?
Nic Barnes

21st Apr 09 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i find trying remote play over internet, sometimes if the ps3 doesnt sign into the psn fast enough it just wont work. then have to wait for the ps3 to switch itself off before you can try again. annoys me a lot as when im at mates house i take psp so i can set match of day to record as i always forget.
kz

22nd Apr 09 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think it was because I didn't turn on allowing remotely turning on the PS3 under remote settings... I shall see tomorrow!
kz

25th Apr 09 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't work

New Poll