corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Web design software for beginner?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Web design software for beginner?
1_Litre_Porsche_Beater

User status: Offline
28th Apr 09 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have an internet shop that currently isn't doing anything. I want to redesign it myself as I have alot of spare time on my hands at the moment but i've never done anything like this before apart from a little bit of html at college years ago.

What software would be best to use?

Bit of a vague question but im unsure where to start.

Cheers
will_doyle
Banned

28th Apr 09 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your best off using a programme called 'Dreamweaver'

Loads of tutorials on the internet and there are lots of books about.

Leighton

28th Apr 09 at 12:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

press "start"
then pres "run"
Then type "notepad"
then press "enter"
And away you go
Cosmo

28th Apr 09 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What backend software is the site using at the moment, guessing it will be something like php?

Use either fireworks or photoshop (same now?) to do the design work, and then dreamweaver to put it all together.
ed

29th Apr 09 at 01:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If a piece of software is already installed like actinic some kind of php shopping cart script then you'll have to design the skin in a way that's appropriate for the software. This isn't really for the beginner as the skin design will be done to a set of standards. You will probably find some tutorials on how to make mods though if you're using something open source if you have a look on Google. You could use Notepad++ to make the mods, its a good piece of software to make changes to things as it highlights the code in different colours and has a file manager built into it

New Poll