corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Running in new brakes.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Running in new brakes.
All Torque

User status: Offline
22nd Jul 09 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just had new pads and discs all around on the Xsara.

Is there anything to watch out for with new brakes? Are they as effective now as they'll be when they've had a bit more use? Should I be careful for a few hundred miles?
gavin18787
Premium Member

22nd Jul 09 at 17:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wont be as sharp until they are bedded in. Just take it easy. You can bed the pads in my doing a few stops from about 50 in a quite area

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
andyc1234

22nd Jul 09 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i normally put a bit off water on them. used to do it all the time runnng bike brakes in. helps them bed in quicker
gavin18787
Premium Member

22nd Jul 09 at 20:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer that should work as thats how I was taught to bed in mountain bike disc brakes

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Ste
Premium Member

22nd Jul 09 at 23:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just don't drive too close or too fast for a bit. It's only the same as buying a new car. They don't come ready bedded in and they are fine.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.

New Poll