corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x14xe emissions problem!? really confusing!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x14xe emissions problem!? really confusing!
corsatuning1

User status: Offline
10th Oct 09 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My cars emissions is quite high.
Its had a new cat on it twice to, make sure the first one wasnt faulty the lamdba or lambdas have been changed! And a few of those injector flush's were chucked in the tank. O and also a new fuel filter and the air filter is good. I also checked my timing and its spot on!And no faults are stored through OBD.
The HC reading is around 125ppm! and i cant really remember the others. I was going to try a MAP sensor, because iv been recomended it by a few people now.
Just wondering what everyones thoughts might be , and ruffly a price of these sensors?
thanks

[Edited on 10-10-2009 by corsatuning1]
Richardhhha

10th Oct 09 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cts (coolant temp sensor) wil cause it to run rich
and check all vacume hoses on the engine, they cause it to run rich
and also replace the map sensor its easy to do and dont cost much if you get one from the scrappers
DERV-POWER

11th Oct 09 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also check inlet manifold gasket
Warren G

11th Oct 09 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pattern part cat?

rag the fuck out the car, put straight onto the tester...cats need to be very hot to work efficently
corsatuning1

11th Oct 09 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok thanks! il give it a go today, my mates got the same engine in his corsa, so il nab the sensors 1 by 1 and give it a go first! il check the inlet manifold gasket for leaks to! What is the best way to check that?
cheers
DERV-POWER

11th Oct 09 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spray water where inlet joins head if it starts missing the gasket is leaking

New Poll