corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Handbrake help?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Handbrake help?
Root

User status: Offline
13th Oct 09 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, the other day I was using my car, I pulled the handbrake up and it kept coming up...also it didn't do anything, it felt as if the cable had slipped or maybe even snapped or something? It's a 2 year old cable.

I think the reason it has messed up is because a couple days ago I was doing my shoes on the rear brakes maybe? How can I fix this as all I know is the cable runs under the car.
Also it's VERY slack between the middle bit between both back brakes and the passenger side brake, driver's side is not slack.
DaveyLC

13th Oct 09 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its probably broken inside one of the drums.
Root

13th Oct 09 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Its probably broken inside one of the drums.

I opened them yesterday because the other day I hadn't put new split pins on. I opened the drums while I was doing the split pins, just to see if all the springs were still intact and the cable is still hooked onto the metal catch. It gets really slack between the brake and the random bit in the middle. The bit before it actually stops being a metal wire and hides under a coating of plastic when it runs towards the front of the car. Hope that was clear enough

New Poll