corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » No sound on HDTV with PC

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author No sound on HDTV with PC
AdamF
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Dec 09 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have my pc connected to my hdtv in the hdmi 2 slot via a dvi to hdmi lead and i have a seperate lead going from the audio jack to the port on the back of the tv labeled dvi in (hdmi2).

i have tried every jack on the back of the pc and changed all the settings on the playback devices page in the sound settings but i still have no sound??

i can get sound through sperate speakers

can anyone help?
oceansoul

1st Dec 09 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stupid question, and im sure you have already checked, but is the computer set to mute or turned down. Or the TV for that matter.

BTW audio out on a std Sound card is usually green =]
Richie

1st Dec 09 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How can the port on the back of the TV be labelled as DVI IN (HDMI2) as they are two seperate things?

I would usually expect an audio jack like that on a DVI in only..... has nothing to do with HDMI.

HDMI channels will only have digital sources, it wont chuck analog audio over the top on a tv. You would need an external audio amp / speakers for that.
ajscorsa

2nd Dec 09 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when I hook the laptop to my tv using hdmi cable I have to go into my sound settings and set the tv as default sound or the sould would just come out the laptop speakers
Richie

2nd Dec 09 at 01:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but that's because your laptop is pumping out digital audio via the HDMI cable hence why you need to switch the sound output from your analog output to your digital "High Definition Audio" output.

His scenario is different. If your laptop only has a DVI output, then you should use a DVI-DVI lead and your TV should have a DVI input on it which will work with the audio.

Have you switched to your DVI channel on your TV to see if you get audio and no video?

New Poll