corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Free cable internet using a box...!?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Free cable internet using a box...!?
Munchie

User status: Offline
21st Jan 10 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any1 know about how to do this?! I know you can get free telly but dunno if can get free internet!?
Dom

21st Jan 10 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dodgy modem probably, but it causes issue for other users (due to mac addresses) and VM are clamping down.

Easiest way to grab free internet (and still illegal) is to leach off an open wifi connection....
blebo

23rd Jan 10 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom

Easiest way to grab free internet (and still illegal) is to leach off an open wifi connection....

This is not legal
Matty SRi

23rd Jan 10 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably y he says (and still ILLEGAL)
AlunJ

23rd Jan 10 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

apparently it's possible yes, my mate reckons he has done it... he's one of those people who blags about crap tbh though
Dom

23rd Jan 10 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlunJ
apparently it's possible yes, my mate reckons he has done it... he's one of those people who blags about crap tbh though

Yeah i've read up on it, plenty of forums on the subject and it isn't that hard to do. However, it can cause problems with other users
Munchie

23rd Jan 10 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

other users?wat u mean? we have a hacked modem, just dont know how to work it....motorlola i think it is
Doug

23rd Jan 10 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or don't be a pikey and just pay for you're internet? Its not exactly a mega expense
Dom

23rd Jan 10 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Munchie
other users?wat u mean? we have a hacked modem, just dont know how to work it....motorlola i think it is

Well a lot of people clone cable modems, so they share a mac address with another customer which usually causes them problems. But the basis is you flash a cable modem, load dodgy firmware, then force it to get a certain config file.

If it's motorola, it'll be an old surfboard so you're limited to 10mb connection and even then i think most people only saw half that when using them.

Eitherway, Virgin have started to improve security on their networks for blocking bodged modems and TV Boxes (EuroVox etc).

New Poll