corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » That house we are buying - Pics are up (Facebook link)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author That house we are buying - Pics are up (Facebook link)
dannymccann

User status: Offline
   13th Feb 10 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New build, fully carpet'd and curtained to our specification

Ground floor :

Double driveway (no garage unfortunatly ), entrance porch with stairs to first, door to WC, door to kitchen/diner with integrated fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, mini dishwasher, gas hob/elec oven with cooker hood, leading through to living room at the rear, with mahoosive french doors leading to garden, I would say 8ft x 30ft with shed

First floor:

Landing to second double bedroom (pretty much the same size as our master now) overlooking garden, family bathroom with full size bath (seems to be a rarity these days) and tiled wall, 3rd double bedroom overlooking front, door leading to what would normally be a box room (can easily be used as an office though) with stairs (proper size staircase none of this 1920's thin stuff malarkey) to third floor with our master bedroom with sloped ceilings due to roof, and ensuite with power shower cubicle (pretty much sold it to me that shower did ) and a cupboard you could use if you were a bit of a Fritzl

£138,000 - we are paying £7500 which covers 5% deposit and legal fees, Keepmoat are currently running a scheme whereby they give you 20% deposit over 10 years, interest free (although this may be built into the price of the property), so I feel its better than Govt's Homebuy (think its same % deposit but you pay 1.75% on it over 5 years or something like that).

Mortgage is £540 inc life insurance and building insurance (need this to be on the scheme) a month, and we will set aside £250 a month into an ISA to build up the £27600 to be paid off in 10 years, meaning we keep all the interest as well.

We are buying the new version of the Oakhurst, at the old version price (the one in the link doesnt have 3 floors or the ensuite obviously!) with all the integrated stuff.

Contracts are ready to go, we get the keys on Friday 26th February latest

EDIT - PICTURES ONLINE http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=391247&id=585740327&l=7caf9496d1

[Edited on 20-02-2010 by dannymccann]
Cavey

13th Feb 10 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The keepmoat website is awful though, couldn't find anything on it!

Sounds like the house we're moving into this week.

We went with homebuy as there wasn't anything else, and £190,000 + £5k ish for extras. (£123k mortgage with 10k deposit and £57k from homebuy)

So sounds like a pretty good deal you got! Good work getting it fully carpetted and with integrated appliances!

http://www.millerhomes.co.uk/explore/eastmidlands/10270/housestyles/4818 That's the link to ours, which like I said seems pretty similar to what you're getting (I couldn't find a decent plan on the keepmoat site!)

This was the best I could find, which i'm hoping works ... http://www.keepmoathomes.co.uk/development/property-listing/property-details?plot_id=6529

[Edited on 13-02-2010 by Cavey]
dannymccann

13th Feb 10 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea it is a bit rubbish, I was looking at work during the week and it was much better, perhaps maintenance.

And yea similar to yours (remember the thread from before), but its a mid-terrace, sales lady said both sides are professional couples (one is a solicitor and the other an accountant I think) neither with kids so looks like we will be the noisy neighbours

edit - the reasoning behind plunging for it now is that we rent our current 3 bed semi with garage around the corner (little bit smaller than this one we are buying) is £550 rent, so seems silly to spend that much on rent when we could spend the same amount on a mortgage and have something to show for it! Especially while prices and interest rates are lower! Apparently in the boom a year or so ago this place would have been up for £170k

[Edited on 13-02-2010 by dannymccann]
Cavey

13th Feb 10 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Solicitor and Accountant, nice one! You're sorted for anything you need then.

At least you'll be able to hide away from the kids on the third floor
dannymccann

13th Feb 10 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No kids yet We are only 21 and 22 Although our generation usually has a family of 4 by now tbh
Cavey

13th Feb 10 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh, you said the noisy neighbours, so assumed you meant with kids....

That was our reasoning behind buying a house, we're paying £500 a month rent on a 2 up 2 down, and the mortgage on a 3/4 bed in a nicer area, and actually ours is £640ish. So a bit of a jump, but only £30 a week or so each. Just won't go out for 1 night.

Good luck with it then mate, i'm sure pictures will be up soon
dannymccann

13th Feb 10 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, we looked round it today, everything is in apart from carpets and curtains as they are waiting for the buyer to select them. The house is on a sale this weekend only for this price, as she needs it sold by end of Feb. We could wait until next weekend and try and barter down but then again it could sell during the week and there is nothing for the price and condition that matches in size with the 80/20 mortgage option round here, obviously there are plenty of decently priced big 3 bed's round here and they are similarly priced but obviously we would need 12k+ and then fees on top (of which Keepmoat are paying over half the legal fees for us). Plus, no one knows what interest rates and inflation are going to do, which means 12k in a year might only buy what 6k buys now (in deposit % terms if you get me) so we would be in the same position but STILL renting anyway!

edit - and they are paying Stamp Duty for us, but again this could be worked into the price of the house

edit 2 - but I STILL cant get cable, only 2.5mbps adsl, this will be the only bugbear I think

[Edited on 13-02-2010 by dannymccann]
Cavey

13th Feb 10 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to pay the solicitors £12600.02 the other day that was painful! 10k deposit 1.9k stamp duty and the rest for fees! So you've done pretty well getting all that sorted as well!
dannymccann

14th Feb 10 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£250 down to secure the house, rest of deposit and fees on contract swap, no backing out now
Pop

14th Feb 10 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Congratulations
Twiggy

14th Feb 10 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one!
Colin

14th Feb 10 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
I had to pay the solicitors £12600.02 the other day that was painful! 10k deposit 1.9k stamp duty and the rest for fees! So you've done pretty well getting all that sorted as well!

That would hurt the most tbh, I gather you could have avoided paying if you had completed sooner?

I had to do wire my solicitor 28.5k.....ouch!
Kathryn W

14th Feb 10 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Congrats!
Ben G

14th Feb 10 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one mate. i need a house been looking at a few but the cheapest nice ones are 170k at least for a crappy 2 bed semi around here.
Cavey

14th Feb 10 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah, was above the threshold anyway colin, so was always going top be that much anyway. Congrats danny!
dannymccann

14th Feb 10 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 weeks till move in lol, looks like i need to get some holidays. Although its quite good because its so close to where we are now we can just carry everything round there
Colin

14th Feb 10 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 weeks Thats very quick!!

Congrats
dannymccann

14th Feb 10 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea like I said it was on a sale price this weekend, and before they are given the go ahead to finish the other shells going up they need to meet a quote of legal completions by certain deadlines, basically the contracts are ready to sign right now, it will take essentially as long as Royal Mail take to deliver letters and its done Think we get the keys 25th Feb - so yea it is VERY quick, and daunting
Bonney

14th Feb 10 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds good!

Currently deciding what to do. Renting seems the easy option at the minute, But to me its just dead money, and for a few quid more could own my own place.

Just need to sort out a deposit!
Cavey

15th Feb 10 at 05:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 weeks!? It's taken us 3 months or something!

that's crazy! and brilliant obviously
dannymccann

15th Feb 10 at 07:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea carpets in today, curtains up as soon as they are made (bespoke to each window, sewn on order), poles going up, week today demonstration and walk round with builder and lawyer to check for problems (couple of windows we already know need sorting where it doesnt quite shut properly letting in a little draught), saturday after that exchange and keys, then a month to move in, cos out month notice on rent cant start until 1/3
dannymccann

20th Feb 10 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been round today to get some pictures now the carpets are down, pics linked in first thread Getting exciting now, learnt we will actually be in by the end of February Thought it was going to be early March

New Poll