corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » car wont start

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car wont start
scottyp91

User status: Offline
12th May 10 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my car wont start 2 months ago i was driving along and it lost all power eml light came on then all power came back eml light still on cut out a few more times got it home and got my uncle out with diagnostics came up with misfiring on all 4 pots so he said change coil pack ht leads and plugs was left a month before i did the work so did that and now it wont start at all turns over but thats it. also when it was wrkingon low revs at constant speed it would juder and kangeroo any ideas on what this could be?? cheers
scottyp91

13th May 10 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone??? it started today but wasnt runnin right when i gave it revs car shock and sounded lumpy really deep tone like something wasnt there
Edges 58

13th May 10 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd say check airflow meter, crankposition sensor and check you are actually gettin spark at the plugs mate
scottyp91

13th May 10 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate ill look to see ifim getinga spark at the plugs
Vivasam

13th May 10 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Crankshaft sensor could be at fault, borrow one or buy one from the scrappy and see what happens. Do not buy new until you know for definite that it is knackered. You might also have bother with the afm, but usually the car will start but be running rough if it is gone completely.
scottyp91

13th May 10 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate if i dntget a spark what you could bewrong then as it doesnt wana fire up anymore
scottyp91

14th May 10 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also when i changed the plugs they wer black with sut
Vivasam

14th May 10 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the plugs are black with soot, then mixture is way too rich, which is controlled by the ecu through the afm and the map sensor readings.
I would still borrow or buy a crankshaft sensor first, as this and the cam sensor deal with timing, much like a distributor does. The bottom line is that if the crankshaft sensor is gone, the car will not start. Sooty plugs suggest that they are or were firing ok.
scottyp91

15th May 10 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is no spark ive just been in it to the shop and got half way back and it just lost all power and cut out got it home and took a plug out that i put in the other day and car has not been driven ad it was black checked for spark and no spark on all 4 whats most like to be my problem im just wrighting this agan before i go get new parts etc cheers
jamesy1990

15th May 10 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have the same problem .. just rebuilt my engine and now i aint getting a spark on either 4 pots .... crank sensor or cam sensor would not couse the coil to not spark . are all your earth tight?
scottyp91

15th May 10 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i think they are i mean i took it out earlyer and it was ok turned round as i dint wana go to far incase it broke and thats when i lost all power and now it wont start
Vivasam

15th May 10 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What sort of distance did you drive before it cut out? What was it running like? Did it start out of the blue, so to speak and then you took it for a run to the shops, as you already said it wouldn't start at all.
scottyp91

15th May 10 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well it wouldnt start i changed fuel filter and it fired up out of the blue left it a couple of days kept turning it over so thought ide give it a run to shops i got about half mile and it it was lsing power went all lumpy grrrrin then cut out it started up fine got another 100 yards and it did same so pulled to the side of road just round the corner from mine and it cut out and wont start since
Vivasam

15th May 10 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This puts a whole different light on it. It could be petrol starvation, instead of any of the sensors.
Depressurize the fuel line, as you did when changing the fuel filter, then try and start the car. If you run an old car with the tank in the red you can have problems with all the old shit in the tank getting pulled into the fuel line, and blocking it altogether. I would suggest that you should take the tank out and give it a real good clean, empty as much as you can, and swap it out, then rinse with clean petrol. If you have a lot of fuel in the tank then filter it through a fine mesh, or grab the handiest pair of tights you can, even off a passerby if she does not object too strongly.
scottyp91

16th May 10 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok cheers mate but ive took the plugs ut and there is no spark sounds to me like it could be a number of things now haha well ill do everything you have said see what happens haha
scottyp91

16th May 10 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all fixed my uncle came round after 10 mins it was fixed the earth goin from the coil to the engine needed cleening fired up straight away quality

New Poll