corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Hozelock Multi Tap Connector - Any good?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hozelock Multi Tap Connector - Any good?
C2RL R

User status: Offline
18th May 10 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9218634&ecamp=trf-005&CAWELAID=266993459

my driveway desperately needs jet washing so my old man is lending me his karcher but i dont have an outside tap. are these tap connector things any good? i'll fit a propper outside tap if i really have to but these are pretty cheap and are obviously easier. i'm just not sure they are worth the money as they might never get a good enough seal.

the tap i'll be using it on is in my downstairs w/c and is a basic cheap one similar to this:

has anyone succesfully used on of them before?
Chris
Premium Member

18th May 10 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its just a temp job un do washing machine, bit of a ache moving it but, there will be no leaks in the house and all you need is the http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9218635&ecamp=trf-005&CAWELAID=266993431

Other option is to unscrew the shower connector on the bath if you have one, i use that method in the summer to have mixer hot n cold for the paddling pool.

Screw on connector that really the only way you wont soak the house.
C2RL R

18th May 10 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was thinking if there was a way to do it like that. so that thing will go straight on the washing machine hose will it? it's not problem for me the pull the washing machine out at all.
Chris
Premium Member

18th May 10 at 21:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeap, hozelock 2175 is the same thread.

If the stop tap is under the sink then is easy to swap the washing machine for the hoze lock connector, just remember to back the presure off on release as the hose line will be primed after use and will piss water out when u disconnect.
C2RL R

18th May 10 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah cool, cheers for that mate. i'll nip to B&Q on my lunch break tomorrow and get one. will have a nice clean drive by this time tomorrow

[Edited on 18-05-2010 by C2RL R]

New Poll