corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Photoshop - CS5 for £299

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Photoshop - CS5 for £299
Tiger

User status: Offline
1st Dec 10 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.buyitultracheap.com/product_info.php?cPath=53_56_67&products_id=956&gclid=COHf1rjey6UCFY8e4Qod6kdpkA

Fully legit, download version. 1 User, 2 Activations.
Paul_J

1st Dec 10 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats alright mate, i perfer paying £0
Tiger

1st Dec 10 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well yeah me too, but now i'm running my own business I just wouldnt get away with it for too long.
Paul_J

1st Dec 10 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where is your business based?
Tiger

1st Dec 10 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Midlands.
jamied

1st Dec 10 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
thats alright mate, i perfer paying £0

Sam
Premium Member

1st Dec 10 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FFS Tiger that website is screaming "dodgy"!

Think about it:

1. Stupidly cheap pricing on branded software. Unless you are some kind of e-tailer giant like eBuyer or Amazon, there is fuck all margin to be made on software so it's impossible for everyone to undercut each other on software like this (and I bet Adobe only authorise companies to sell their software if it's priced in a certain range).

eBuyer sell the full Adobe Photoshop CS5 for £606.86 inc. VAT - considering most of their gear is the cheapest online in the UK, does a supposedly legit website selling it for half of the price not ring alarm bells to you?

2. There are no proper contact details anywhere on the site - if you are selling in the UK you need to have full contact details (i.e. address and phone number) under Distance Selling Regulations. Having said all that, I don't think this is a UK based site because...

3. The website is hosted in Panama.

4. Login/registration/account pages are not properly encrypted (meaning any fucker can potentially see what personal information you type in that website).

5. "Testimonials" seem to be mainly from 'guest' and any good website would have some negative reviews as well as positive (meaning the site owner probably added all those reviews themselves).

In short - if something seems too good to be true, it normally is.

[Edited on 01-12-2010 by Sam]
Brett
Premium Member

1st Dec 10 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brebaz

1st Dec 10 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just got it for free about 2 hours ago
noshua

1st Dec 10 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably email you a download link from rapidshare
Tiger

2nd Dec 10 at 07:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam

Think about it:

1. Stupidly cheap pricing on branded software. Unless you are some kind of e-tailer giant like eBuyer or Amazon, there is fuck all margin to be made on software so it's impossible for everyone to undercut each other on software like this (and I bet Adobe only authorise companies to sell their software if it's priced in a certain range).

eBuyer sell the full Adobe Photoshop CS5 for £606.86 inc. VAT - considering most of their gear is the cheapest online in the UK, does a supposedly legit website selling it for half of the price not ring alarm bells to you?

2. There are no proper contact details anywhere on the site - if you are selling in the UK you need to have full contact details (i.e. address and phone number) under Distance Selling Regulations. Having said all that, I don't think this is a UK based site because...

4. Login/registration/account pages are not properly encrypted (meaning any fucker can potentially see what personal information you type in that website).

5. "Testimonials" seem to be mainly from 'guest' and any good website would have some negative reviews as well as positive (meaning the site owner probably added all those reviews themselves).

Fair enough, i'm running CS3 at the minute, looks my my christmas present to myself this year year will be a little more expensive then
Sam
Premium Member

2nd Dec 10 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is your copy of CS3 legitimate?

If so, on eBuyer they are selling an upgrade for £315.28:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/205265
Rab

2nd Dec 10 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam

Think about it:

There is contact details on the site, and it's in the UK.

26 York Street
London, W1U6PZ

The account pages are also https.

I would go for it myself. Good buy
Toby
Premium Member

2nd Dec 10 at 15:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have Adobe Master Collection cs5 for sale if you would like a copy
Sam
Premium Member

2nd Dec 10 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whatever Rab that site is dodgy as fuck anyone naive enough to buy stuff from them deserves to get scammed from these lot.

That address you gave (which I still can't find on the site) belongs to a place that offers "virtual office" addresses - meaning it's just a mailing address not an actual office leased/occupied by them.
Rab

2nd Dec 10 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't see what's dodgy about it tbh. The address is on the about page. There's nothing wrong with using a virtual office, quite a lot of companies use it to cut costs and help offer cheaper prices.

Even PC World sells it for £249 - http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/adobe-photoshop-cs5-06897974-pdt.html?srcid=36&xtor=AL-14
Sam
Premium Member

2nd Dec 10 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's an update/upgrade - not the full version (which is what costs over £600).
Rab

2nd Dec 10 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So it is. Buggers

New Poll