corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Amp power help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Amp power help
Andy2491

User status: Offline
28th Feb 11 at 01:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right guys,

iv got a Fli FT12A-F5 sub and amp package, when i sold my old car i left the power wire connected to the car and forgot about it so now i need to get a new one....can you buy them separately or do i need a full kit.

also the sub and amp are 400w rms and 1200w peak power does that mean i need a wiring kit with 1200w power? what will happen if i use a wiring kit capable of 1000w max?
Firefly

28th Feb 11 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont know how things work over there, but you could buy a few metres of power cable (say, 4 guage), an inline fuse and some ring terminals. Alternatively, a full wiring kit might be cheaper. I doubt a wiring kit capable of up to 1000w would do much harm to a 1200w peak amp, but for optimum power and signal flow, a full 4 guage kit will do quite nicely in general

[Edited on 28-02-2011 by Firefly]
XE Col
Premium Member

28th Feb 11 at 10:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

carcraft motorstores sell power cable by the meter dunno how much
AlexW

28th Feb 11 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not far off the spec of mine, Its not peak power that you need to worry about, RMS is.

4 gauge would prob be fine, If you buy a kit, buy a decent kit.

New Poll