corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Best way to get out of an orange contract!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Best way to get out of an orange contract!
Josh Ack
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Oct 11 at 23:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im looking to get out of my orange contract as the signal coverage is rubbish where i live, and i really want to go to vodafone as this orange is doing my head in.

Thanks Josh
Brett
Premium Member

14th Oct 11 at 07:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you've gone past the cooling off period then you can't unless you paid off the line rental.
DanCobb

14th Oct 11 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How longs left on it? My brother in law phoned orange and said he went bankrupted and couldnt pay. They stopped his bill for 6 months, within that time his contract ended anyway - byebye contract! Orange is shit for signal here too!
Robbo

14th Oct 11 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

call them, if the signal genuinely is poor then they must let you out of the contract per ofcom.

they will check the coverage in your area over a period of time then confirm whetehr it is the network or just the handset
nathy_87

14th Oct 11 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had exact same problem

I went to phones4u, they 'bought' the contract, gave me £300 cash in hand (same day) to pay off the orange contract and i had a brand new contract with new (free) phone with Vodaphone.
John

14th Oct 11 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you have no t-mobile signal either?

Nathy, getting £300 cash and a free phone means you are definitely being bent over for the contract.
Neo

14th Oct 11 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with orange and where I used to work we had no signal, called them and explained, they sent out 2 new handsets, same issue however wouldn't send me a different handset and wouldn't end the contract as i had signal at home

Since moving, and the tmobile take over its improved massively, better than voda and 02 where I am now.
Robbo

14th Oct 11 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Do you have no t-mobile signal either?

Nathy, getting £300 cash and a free phone means you are definitely being bent over for the contract.
they are going to activate 3G roaming acros TMo and Orange shortly too so they will check stuff against both networks
Robbo

14th Oct 11 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
I had exact same problem

I went to phones4u, they 'bought' the contract, gave me £300 cash in hand (same day) to pay off the orange contract and i had a brand new contract with new (free) phone with Vodaphone.
whilst im not goign to say you are lieing, to give you £300 cahs and buy out an old contract (how many months remainign?) and give you a free phone, as john said, you must be on a 24 year contract with an 80s brick for a phone
nathy_87

14th Oct 11 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not lying. . However, yes 24 month contract with a HTC WildFire my choice), but only got another year or so on it then I can upgrade.

New Poll