corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » points & speeding

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author points & speeding
FAZ
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Nov 11 at 15:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

those that have been caught doing excessive speed, im looking at 6 points & fine at best, more than likely a ban,

just wondering how long the process takes, as i have a trackday booked on dec 2nd and i was caught last thurs (18th?)

Woody
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

22nd Nov 11 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Normally about two weeks but then you might have to go to court x
FAZ
Premium Member

22nd Nov 11 at 16:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im going to pleed guilty, but it might resort in a court appearence, ive got a clean license atm, 4 years old now, and was doing dbl the speed limit
Woody
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

22nd Nov 11 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ye way to not lie about it but double will be a ban how you know you was clocked?
FAZ
Premium Member

22nd Nov 11 at 16:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was sat in a police van for 20 mins
Generation

22nd Nov 11 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FAZ
i was sat in a police van for 20 mins
at the response

What was the speed limit mate?
FAZ
Premium Member

22nd Nov 11 at 16:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

30, i was doing 63

i have no excuse for what i did, so please dont start
corsa-vxr

22nd Nov 11 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6months you will no doubt wait i crashed in feb finally had my trial today got done for undue care and attention got 6points and 540quid fine was meant to get banned you will get a citation through within a month then few month you go to court for intermediate then trial few months later
Stuart H

22nd Nov 11 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I pleaded not guilty with my case and held it out a year n a half
FAZ
Premium Member

22nd Nov 11 at 17:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i saw id dne 63, i have no leg to stand on
Liam-Wilko

22nd Nov 11 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it your first case of speeding or have ya been cautiond for it before or anyhting els
FAZ
Premium Member

22nd Nov 11 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope clean license, all i ahve is 2 parking tickets, and as of last thursday a sec59 and whatever the court gives me,

plus i need my car for work/income(food etc) as my student loan only just covers rent, not bills etc, and i have just had £100's of pounds stolen by my previous landlord, though tht is a seperate legal issue

passed test in may 2007

[Edited on 22-11-2011 by FAZ]
FAZ
Premium Member

22nd Nov 11 at 17:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the police man said i was very remourseful (sp?) and made a note of it etc in his lil interview thing we had

[Edited on 22-11-2011 by FAZ]
jayy.cfg

22nd Nov 11 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if u have had your licence over 2 years ur allowed up 2 12 points, so u mite get away with a ban, but if u do and they offer you a speeding course accept it. cuts the ban down by a 1/3 i think.

if you have to use ur car to work, and its a distance sometimes u can plea on that and they will give u 1 point under a ban,i know a few people that got away with a ban just got like 5points n a big fine.
Liam-Wilko

22nd Nov 11 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

first things first if the deciding officer desides to take it to court then you could poss pleade guilty and appoagise and say you will never do it agen and thay you need ya car for witch ever reson (supply prufe if pos) and you will get off with an extended fine and 6 points

my dad got off with totting up of points due to needing his car for work ext he cuyrrently sits with 12 points and no ban or disqualificaton then after that if you get caught yagoosed
corsa-vxr

22nd Nov 11 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you want to keep onto it abit longer plead not guilty when citation comes through then get a lawyer and go from there even if you plead guilty at the last minute ask lawyer for advice on it then you get what browny points as such ie judge wont be to hard on you if you plead guilty instead of going to trial as not guilty
FAZ
Premium Member

22nd Nov 11 at 17:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys, ill bear it all in mind,

New Poll