corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Credit Card Balance Transfers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Credit Card Balance Transfers
James

User status: Offline
20th Jan 12 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to transfer the balance on 2 of my credit cards onto my 3rd credit card. Do I need to contact the banks for the 2 credit cards it's going from or the bank for the credit card that it's going to? Or both...?

And who's balance transfer transfer rate will I be charged, the from banks or the to bank?

I tried Googling but can't seem to find a straight answer.

[Edited on 20-01-2012 by James]
James

20th Jan 12 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, can I do this for an existing credit card, or only for a new credit card?
Cavey

20th Jan 12 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Contact the new supplier to transfer the balances from the previous cards, they then pay off the other cards, and charge you the balance transfer rate they advertised
Kyle T
Premium Member

20th Jan 12 at 17:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you've got an online account you can normally do it all yourself on the webpage.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
James

20th Jan 12 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm, BT rates on my current cards are rubbish. Was going to setup a new one just to transfer it all across but can't be bothered with the hassle so I'm just going to pay it off instead!
Ben G

20th Jan 12 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i keep getting letters through from 2 banks i have credit cards with offering 0% on balance transfers for 12 months (2.9% fee).

might be worth seeing if your current ones have any deals going before getting a new one?
Chris
Premium Member

22nd Jan 12 at 21:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont close the old cards, as when you come to get the 4th to transfer you might not be able to get transfer and then be stuck with 29.9%

With the cards you pay off keep using but pay off the full balance every month, just use one for petrol etc.

Otherwise cards 1 and 2 will reduce the balance as you are not using them.

New Poll