corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » X16XE idle problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X16XE idle problem
shaunmods
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Apr 12 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had this problem for the last couple of weeks now. Basically it started out just revving up too high on warm start up and stalling when pulling up at lights every now and then. I took my ICV out and gave it and the throttle body a good clean out and after I put it all back together it ran pefect again for about 3 days. Then I took it to the MK meet and it started revving by itself when driving and on start up. On the motorway I could take my foot off the pedal and it would just carry on

Seeing as cleaning the ICV helped it for a bit I ordered a brand new ICV and got that fitted today but again it revved far too high when I started it up (took about 20-30 seconds before it settled down) I thought it might just be the new ICV setting itself up though. Anyway, I took it for a drive and now its stalling constantly now when slowing down for junctions etc. Also I can feel it revving by itself again when driving too

Any ideas as to what could be causing it guys? I dont think its an air leak as the over revving isnt constant. Could the TPS maybe cause this?

Cheers

[Edited on 27-04-2012 by shaunmods]
Jed D

27th Apr 12 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would have said air leak like. gasket between the lower and upper inlet maybe? but as said, its not constant hmm
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

27th Apr 12 at 13:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try the tps mate,I'm having a similar problem with mine and i'm going to clean the icv and tps out. No luck I'll get some new ones ordered.

When you go to slow down at junctions/lights etc have you tried just revving it abit so it's revving more than 1k? I've started doing it and it's stopped it from cutting out for now.

[Edited on 27-04-2012 by DansCorsaSXi]

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
JaffaTB

27th Apr 12 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got the stalling at lights problem, if I dip the clutch at around 3k it will fall to zero revs and cut out, if I gradually go down the gears and revs til about 1k it will be fine
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

27th Apr 12 at 16:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might start trying that Jaffa. Cheers mate.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

27th Apr 12 at 18:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TPS can cause that mate, that's what mine did before I took it out and it was definately the tps. Also hunted on idle occasionally

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
JaffaTB

27th Apr 12 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mines got a brand new TPS and ICV, and a CTS and ATS while i was trying to cure it lol still does it
shaunmods
Premium Member

27th Apr 12 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for all the advice guys I think the first step is going to be to do a quick paperclip test and see if any new codes flash up. Im convinced its sensor related.

I cant drive it as it is though. It stalled 4 times in less than 2 miles when I took it out earlier
reecegsi

27th Apr 12 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Darryl H
TPS can cause that mate, that's what mine did before I took it out and it was definately the tps. Also hunted on idle occasionally

my xe is hunting for idle but on mine ive got powercap everything in way i take it all these gotta be moved to change tps?
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

27th Apr 12 at 22:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah got to get quite a lot off to get to it

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|

New Poll