corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Renting Property Out

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Renting Property Out
James

User status: Offline
15th Jun 12 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I was to rent a property out, what does the price you see on RightMove for example include?

Sometimes it specifies but a lot of the time it doesn't.

I'm guessing it won't include utility bills but what about service charge/ground rent and council tax?

Is it case of just calling to ask based on some current examples or is there a "default"?
Aaron

15th Jun 12 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The owner of the property still pays the ground rent/service charge, however, if you can get away with it, you can build that into the price of the rent.

Some places include some bills, but i honestly wouldnt bother.

Council tax is also picked up by the person/people renting the property from you...you no longer have to pay it while the property has someone in it.
ed

16th Jun 12 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The rent has always been just for the property in all the places I've had. That included the service charge for the buildings the flats were in too.

Bills have always been on accounts in my name. - I'd be put off having services included in the rent because that sort of thing is usually the calling card of a dodgy fucker landlord.
Graeme
Premium Member

16th Jun 12 at 23:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i presume your talking about a flat with service/ground charges etc.

But one that i rent out which is a house, the tennant pays for everything bar the house insurance which we cover. so they pay rent, all utilities bills, council tax, contents insurance.

Also most places are a months rent for a deposit. Not all but most.

[Edited on 16-06-2012 by Graeme]
VegasPhil
Premium Member

16th Jun 12 at 23:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most landlords round here include the service charge to the rental price per month.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
RichR
Premium Member

17th Jun 12 at 07:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our rental includes water rates and broadband; the tenant pays council tax, gas and electric
RichR
Premium Member

17th Jun 12 at 07:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Water rates are peanuts on our's and weve had problems in the past with tenants setting up broadband and the leaving before their term is up with their service provider which has seen the properties black listed and difficult to get new BB deals with so now we pay that and use it as our USP over other flats in the area.

That said, the gas and electric are in my name as we have two properties which are each split into two flats, so only a single supply into each; we get billed on that meter but have independent meters in each flat so that we can bill the tenants for what they've used. It does work but is a ball ache and no protection against someone disappearing without paying

[Edited on 17-06-2012 by LiVe LeE]

New Poll