corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Carbs / throttle bodies

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Carbs / throttle bodies
Aidan-Fleming

User status: Offline
14th Oct 12 at 02:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have an Xe engine at the moment. I've just stripped her down and cleaned everything up etc and all new gaskets and replaced some parts!
But I fancy putting some Carbs or throttle bodies on her. I'm not wanting to spend more than £600 on either as I'd just be better off buying a let. But just wanted to know if anyone has any advice/ tips etc on either? What to go for?

Thanks!
davegreen
Premium Member

14th Oct 12 at 06:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unless you find a complete set second hand your going to be looking at around £2000 to go over to bodies time youve got all the bits needed and had it mapped. bike carbs will come in around the same price to. you will never get the same power n/a than if you go turbo but i prefer the sound of bodies to turbo.
Jed D

14th Oct 12 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bodies do sound pretty awesome but its a huge money pit to get them rite imo. and to keep them rite you'd have to keep on top of the map
Edges 58

14th Oct 12 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

second hand bike carbs £100, second manifold, couple hundred, cav dizzy set up and some wiring, ht leads and bit and bobs and throttle cable come to a couple hundred at most. fit it all and job done
reecegsi

14th Oct 12 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a twin 45 setup on migweb everything to run for sale £600 user 8valvecraig and I also am building a xe on carbs it expensive lol
davegreen
Premium Member

14th Oct 12 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

once the engine has been mapped you shouldnt need to do anything else unless you change the engine spec in some way. its not the cheepest way to get more power, if you want big n/a power with new parts full rebuild of engine, rods, bolts, pistons, cams, valves, valve gear, head work, custom mapped ecu, mines around £6k. done most of the work myself.
Aidan-Fleming

14th Oct 12 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys! Ill take this into consideration. I just want some more power now I've cleaned eveything up and replaced parts!
Aidan-Fleming

14th Oct 12 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by reecegsi
There's a twin 45 setup on migweb everything to run for sale £600 user 8valvecraig and I also am building a xe on carbs it expensive lol

Could you get me a link please?
reecegsi

15th Oct 12 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My setup will owe me about 1k twin 45's dizzy kit cams all bits to run etc etc then the tuning gets expensive lol and http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/items-sale/509731-complete-twin-45-carb-dizzy-setup-20xe.html
reecegsi

15th Oct 12 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dunno if that will work but try it
corsadonk
Premium Member

15th Oct 12 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Craig's set up, is your best bet. His carbs sound great, and it goes pretty well to.
Aidan-Fleming

15th Oct 12 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Let me speak to the bank tomorrow and ill get back to you ha!

New Poll