corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » DVD to DivX/MP4/M4V software

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author DVD to DivX/MP4/M4V software
Neo

User status: Offline
10th Nov 12 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a load of DVD's stored on a backup drive in VOB format (i.e. Audio Folder & Video Folder)

I want to convert them all to either DivX/MP4/M4V.

At the moment I'm using Digiarty Free DVD to xVid Ripper however it takes about the length of the movie plus 20 minutes or so to convert. I've got about 300 of them to do and don't have time to sit and do them one by one.

Any recommendations for either software that can do LOTS of folders in bulk without needing interaction after the last has finished, or something that can convert them quickly ?
Eddx14xe

10th Nov 12 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use a programme called handbrake to convert films. I can't remember exactly but I'm sure you can create a queue of films for it to convert, although it still takes around the length of the film to do so.

It's free to download, so might be worth playing around with it.
Dom

10th Nov 12 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Second handbrake. Standard presets aren't too bad but it's worth doing a Google as there are decent ones about.
sc0ott

10th Nov 12 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does NERO not do this sort of stuff?
Dom

10th Nov 12 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scott - Probably does disc conversion, not sure about using VOBs as the source. It's bulky anyway.

Neo - Ideally you should be using x264 (in MP4, MKV, M4V containers) over XVID/DIVX

Edit - Handbrake does support queues but obviously do a few trial runs to sort your preset(s) first, it'd be a bit of a shitter to do all 300 to find they look like turd

[Edited on 10-11-2012 by Dom]
Neo

10th Nov 12 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

used handbrake before but found it clunky.

I found a program that does the job exactly as I need, its called Leawo Video Converter Ultimate. Added all the folders and have left it running, done 2 movies in about 40 minutes, will just leave it on till all are done.

Only reason I wanted to go for divx as ideal is because my tv handles them better, I've run a few m4v's through it and they take ages to load/pause/rewind whereas I can't see any quality difference with DivX and they load instantly.
Nismo

10th Nov 12 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Xilisoft

http://www.xilisoft.com
pow
Premium Member

12th Nov 12 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Handbrake from the command line tbh

New Poll