corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » X16XE idle problem 18/01/13

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X16XE idle problem 18/01/13
Dalemcgarry

User status: Offline
   19th Jan 13 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Text Black

Hi there, right just got a x16xe the guy said It had a sticky idle so it sat at like 2k revs in traffic then dropped down to almost cut out then build back up again, found two cuts on the throttle body hose so replaced that as well as the ICV (idle control valve) but now the car seams to not build up revs now but drop out down to really near stalling then back to 1k then it's fine for a few mins then jumps down again, now when I try to press the throttle the engine revs drop say 500 then if you push almost all the way in it comes ok and burbles up the range, slow driving is hard but once your going the car drives fine pulls good but when the clutch is in and changing down or taking off it all most cuts out and seams like it misfires so you have to rev it loads to keep going, now here is the things done to the car by the last owner, secondary air unit thing is missing, cat is off with like a shite weld job of a pipe replacing it, not blowing or leaking at that point, k&n induction new plugs new oil, exhaust leak at backbox other than that it's standard, can any one tell me what's causing this I'm thinking lambda sensor or crank sensor or throttle position sensor ? What do you guys think??
jay.jay

19th Jan 13 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be knackered lambda like you said, either that or a vacuum leak maybe
jay.jay

19th Jan 13 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You got an engine management light on or anything?
Dalemcgarry

19th Jan 13 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a new one today fitting it along with a sportex manifold and nope no eml light? In the middle of trying to get the manifold bolts started there a bit of a cunt! Will update if I manage to get it bolted up
Dalemcgarry

19th Jan 13 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got the senser fitted along with the manifold today blowing a bit but will fix later on, car seams to run smoother and don't think it's spluttering now so hopefully it's sorted except from the blowing exhaust lol
Dalemcgarry

21st Jan 13 at 00:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cars sorted now I'm 99% sure it was the lambda senser

New Poll