corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Fucked off with my iPhone 4S - do i have a leg to stand on

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fucked off with my iPhone 4S - do i have a leg to stand on
SteveoBC
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Mar 13 at 14:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been pretty fucked off with my iphone of late, recently updated a few months ago to iOS6 and before then its never missed a beat WiFi wise, always worked fast etc and loved it, never let me down.

Now since its been updated it keeps dropping WiFi connection every 5mins, not so bad browsing (but still can be gay) and if i want to watch a vid or a youtube video? pfft! not a fucking chance, and its defo the phone not the router as this does it round my flat, friends house and at my mum and dads, doesnt make a difference on the router, tried the tricks mentioned on forums (massive problem with it but apple wont admit to) but still doing it

thought id just suffer it for a while and just use my laptop thinking "oh well they'll fix it in the next update" and iv waited, 2 updates on this iOS shite and nothing, still the same problems and now did another update recently and my battery is now next to useless

had 100% coming into work, its now just touching 2pm and i have 9% left im like "wtf?!" and iv turned all my apps off plus the phone feels really warm and i havent even touched it

just wondering if i go up to O2 with these problems any way i can say "youre phone is not fit for service and i wtf am i paying you for? give me a replacement"

or is it a case of O2 will quite happily turn round and be like
"Oh your iphone is buggered and out of warranty and you want a new one?

please kindly fuck off"

any ideas or i am stuck with this til Oct when its upgrade time?
Bart

7th Mar 13 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

o2 will send you over to Apple.
If its in Warranty, they'll replace it (if you push for it). Not sure on their policy if its out of warranty.

August is the rumoured upgrade time for the 5S.
chris_uk
Premium Member

7th Mar 13 at 14:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After the last update on mine my battery doesnt lasy 2 mins.. Im lucky if j finish work now with any battery left, usually its about 30/40% left and i havent started using it any more or less.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

7th Mar 13 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
o2 will send you over to Apple.
If its in Warranty, they'll replace it (if you push for it). Not sure on their policy if its out of warranty.

August is the rumoured upgrade time for the 5S.

hmm might go to an apple store nearby after work and see if i can kick up enough of a stink, probs be told to fuck off but hey ho worth a shot i guess
Sam
Premium Member

7th Mar 13 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How long have you had the 4S for?
SteveoBC
Premium Member

7th Mar 13 at 14:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well current contract runs out in Nov 2013 so im guessing i must have got it Nov 2011 on a 24month contract so a year and 4/5months
Sam
Premium Member

7th Mar 13 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Battery is probably faulty, I'd try to go down the replacement iPhone from O2 route if you can - under the Sales of Goods Act you can reasonably expect an iPhone to last longer than 1 year and 4/5 months! Mention that to them if they give you the brush off.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

7th Mar 13 at 16:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
Battery is probably faulty, I'd try to go down the replacement iPhone from O2 route if you can - under the Sales of Goods Act you can reasonably expect an iPhone to last longer than 1 year and 4/5 months! Mention that to them if they give you the brush off.

thats the route im gonna try, ie "why the fuck am i forking out monthly for a phone youve given me thats not up to the task" etc etc

New Poll