corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » X10XE Running Problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X10XE Running Problem
Space Cadet

User status: Offline
6th Jun 13 at 06:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So was driving back from work today, doing about 60/65mph with no troubles at all until I could feel the car like hopping every so often?

Slowed down, moved into 1st lane but as I hit 40mph, EML came on and dropped down into 30mph and hit limp mode.

Ok - Moved onto hard shoulder, idle all over the place so turned it off. Left it a couple of mins, went to restart it and it wouldn't rev at all! Got my partner out as at first thought it may be fuel (fuel gauge broken but light works), put fuel in and it started first time. Drove it for another 3 miles and cut out again.

Now, its starting but wont rev at all and just cuts out.

When you try and start it, it takes a while and you can hear it like splutter, it then starts, but doesn't stay.

Personally, the spluttering suggests crank sensor...

What do we think? Any Advice?
1L Nick

6th Jun 13 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try new spark plugs

spluttering to me sounds like it is misfiring
Richie

6th Jun 13 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the EML came on you will have a stored fault code so read the codes to accurately find out what's happened.
Space Cadet

7th Jun 13 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Changed plugs and fuel filter, cleaned crank/cam/throttle/maf sensors, icv, egr and throttle body and it'll start but just won't rev and cuts out... Almost like no fuel

There's fuel going to the rail as it squirts out the nipple there.

Eventually got it running, but after 5 mins it cut out again with it starting to splutter like no fuel.

Am going to try more fuel tonight with some redex, and picking a new crank sensor up too

Is it possible the injector has got full of crap from the tank being low?

Thoughts?
Richie

7th Jun 13 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why the hell do people spend money on buying new parts / sensors when reading the codes takes a few minutes and can save you all the guess work. If an EML triggered then it's going to have stored a code for it.

When this happened on my X12XE it took a replacement of the coolant temp sensor and the entire coilpack to get it fixed.

Find someone with a reader or pop to a local indie with a launch tool. For the sake of £30.

[Edited on 07-06-2013 by Richie]
Space Cadet

8th Jun 13 at 07:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pedal test doesn't work and I'm not spending money on a reader when I don't need too.

Plenty of knowledgeable people on these forums who can diagnose most problems just with enough detail.

I have a new CTS and MAF sensor I can try, part numbers are the same as the ones on dads Astra and I know they're good ones. Failing that, I've found a coil pack local so can resort to that
Root

8th Jun 13 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does it start first time when the engine is cold?

And then cut out after 5 minutes, when the engine is warm?

And refuse to start until the engines cooler?

If so, sounds like crankshaft sensor. Had it on my old corsa, had to drive it home from Hull like that by revving high. Good luck
monkeytwizzel

8th Jun 13 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As richie has said put on a obd tester,faults are stored for a reason.£30 test charge roughly rather than throwing money away hoping to hit the right part.we can all have a guess at the fault!
Richie

9th Jun 13 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Space Cadet
Pedal test doesn't work and I'm not spending money on a reader when I don't need too.

Plenty of knowledgeable people on these forums who can diagnose most problems just with enough detail.

I have a new CTS and MAF sensor I can try, part numbers are the same as the ones on dads Astra and I know they're good ones. Failing that, I've found a coil pack local so can resort to that

Bit of a silly statement really when you can grab Tech2 USB OBD2 clone on ebay for less than £20 and will be easily resaleable afterwards.

Different faults can trigger similar symptoms. But what do I know hey.

New Poll