corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » knocking noise with induction kit

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author knocking noise with induction kit
wytey

User status: Offline
   16th Jun 03 at 02:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi

joined not so long ago, been reading the forums for a while, recommended by a ex workmate he's not a member tho

Just fitted a K&N 57i induction kit to my totally standard corsa C 1.4 16v. now that the insurance is becoming cheaper, I can start to rectify that but then again... I do have a 'slight' history

When moving approx over 5mph I can hear a knocking noise, think woodpecker and you won't be far wrong. It's like a regular beat....damn it's hard to explain. It is only present with the induction kit.

anyone any ideas?? pretty certain it isn't the kit as I've checked it is bolted down tight, the hose clamps are tight enuf, and then tightened a litle more for good measure, put foam around it, used shed loads of tie wraps. resetted the ecu. but it's still there, but as soon as the stardard airbox goes in, all is quiet, except that annoying high pitch whine when I give it sum, not that there is a lot of grunt to start with

cheers
OzzySRi

16th Jun 03 at 02:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a similar problem with my pod on my 1.8 SRi. the pod would knock against the metal air con pipes that run below it when i was on the throttle.
I got some hose, slit it along its length and used it to put around the air con pipe.

Prob solved. Hope it helps
wytey

16th Jun 03 at 02:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll have a look in the morning...later morning that is...dun think the neighbours will apreciate me working on the car f'ing n blinding when I catch my hand and cut it at this time of day

It's installed as how K&N intended it to be installed.

I did install it with the lower part of the airbox, altho sounded better, looked crap with all the tie wraps holding it in place but the knocking was still there.

tbh...I'm totally out of ideas... I may resort to popping to well lane turbo centre and go on the rolling road to see if they can find out what it is.
wytey

16th Jun 03 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah not that

I think it maybe the cfsv, they supplied 2 tie wraps, altho firmly against the upper airbox mounting bracket, it still can move side to side a little. It does make that unfamiliar noise, but at such regularity...seems strange.... anyway... shoved a shed load of foam inbetween it n the bracket for now, until I get a piece of rubber n more tie wrap, or find somewhere else to mount it.

re-reseting the ecu.....had the flipping aircon last time I did it

[Edited on 16-06-2003 by wytey]
wytey

17th Jun 03 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers ozzy for the heads up, altho that wasn't it, the mention of pipes made me follow a few pipes that were to do with the CSFV, and the hose that goes from the unit into a hole into the wing...well... shake that a bit.... knock knock, as a temp fix, got a bit of rubber mat to go inbetween the CSFV unit and the mounting bracket, and a bit of foam to wedge the pipes tight into the hole.... problem sorted

cheers m8

New Poll