corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fibre Glass / filler help required asap

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fibre Glass / filler help required asap
SRi_m00k

User status: Offline
1st Sep 03 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rite folks need advice

10disc changer has finally been fitted to the glove box but had to hack it to bits to get it to fit

now gonna build a false front face for it and blend this face into the tops and sides of the glovebox and paint it

so anyone able to recommend which filler/fibreglass to use as i've no experience wi the stuff

aslong as it can be painted

cheers ppl

need suggestions for tomorro as thats when i'm hopefull goin shoppin

thnx
corb

1st Sep 03 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

P40 for building up shapes etc, then P38 for a smooth finish, sand it down, then prime and spray.
SRi_m00k

1st Sep 03 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spot on cheers

its only really to fill the gaps around the edges of the false face and smooth it into the original glove box so i'll prob just use the p38 then

is it hard to use?? or work with?? i know i wont be usin much on the glove box, but startin boot build next week all bein well
corb

1st Sep 03 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

REALLY easy. just mix up the paste and hardener and then apply with smoothing thingy! then sand down with about 800grit wet and dry then 1200wet and dry, but wet!
Richie

3rd Sep 03 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing that takes the longest when it comes to fibreglass is finding a decent smoothing thingy

New Poll