corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » speaker setup

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author speaker setup
tom-corsa

User status: Offline
   25th Jan 08 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the best setup to go for?? componets in the front with a sub in the back and do the front componets need to be amped? currently got some kenny components in front but thinkin of upgrading or should i go with the components in the front with 6x9's in the back any help would be much appreciated
thanks
Pucci1

25th Jan 08 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my set up atm is 6 by 9s on the back self.

how ever my front compoments just came so will fit them possibly move the 6 by 9s to the rear quaters, get a new shelf and have my sub in the boot.
luke85

25th Jan 08 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It depends how much you want to spend really. A good setup doesnt really need a sub, some quality 6x9s and some good components in the front will sound nice. All of them should ideally be amplified

A sub is good if you like that sorta thing but can drown everything out. I used to have a monster setup in my boot but I guess I grew out of it and saved the weight.
Steve X16XE

25th Jan 08 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It also depends how you want to listen to your type of music.

I my Astra i've had people slag off subs and saying that my system sounds very good. So i turned the sub off and they were shocked.

It was in the background filling the lower end. No-one knew about it untill i either turned it up full or off.

I didn't want to mess up my rear shelf and don't need to boot space so i got a sub.

However you might need the boot space or arn't bothered about chopping up your shelf, so 6x9's might be better for you.

tom-corsa

26th Jan 08 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the quick replys!! thinking of going with the 6x9 @ rear with front components, (i could allways add a sub at a later date, if needed/wanted) how much should you be looking to spend on an amplifier? and any ideas of the best 6x9's to go for? (not rich unfortunately so about 100 quid or less)

cheers
Dan J

26th Jan 08 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just replaced the all the standard speakers for kenwoods, got JBL 6x9's in the parcel shelf and an amped 12" Vibe sub in the boot. I've not spent much, i don't really consider it worth it. As long as it doesn't distort or sound tinny its fine for me. My sub's always on low anyway, the constant bass does get really annoying. You don't need to spend alot for a better quality sound.
tom-corsa

26th Jan 08 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any1 know where the rear speaker wire is? tryed looking for it by a guide and still couldnt find the dam thing told it was before the wiring loom splits to the rear light any chance i havent got1? havent got any speakers in the back (standard car, the thoughtful people at vauxhall decided that my car didnt even deserve standard rear speakers lol!).. help please

thanking you
(a newbie question, sorry)
luke85

26th Jan 08 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For an amp Id go for a phoenix gold one second hand off ebay if you can afford it. Car audio is really an area where you get what you pay for so Id avoud the cheaper amps with very optimistic power ratings if you want something with good sound quality
Dan J

26th Jan 08 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you take off the inside back quarter panel off (just a couple of torques screws) you should find them behind there slit from the main loom. I think they're purple and green, might be wrong though.
ad-sport

26th Jan 08 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

imo opinion you'd be better with some components up front running from an amp and a sub for the base, basically you sit in the front so why do you need the music to be behind you? depending on what you listen to decide what sub to use, a 10 is good for fast beat dance music whereas a 15 is good for slow heavey rap/r n b and a 12 is a good mix between the 2
tom-corsa

26th Jan 08 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good point, hmm peoples opinions are different not sure what to do, dont want to rush into it, (moneys tight :/ )......think ill go for a beverage for the time being lol.
any more opinions?
.into dance btw
Dan J

27th Jan 08 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Half decent components for the front should be a priority, especially for dance.

New Poll