corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » FAO: Anyone with SkyHD without the new EPG

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FAO: Anyone with SkyHD without the new EPG
Bart

User status: Offline
12th Jun 09 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You CAN force a manual update, but this only applies only to Pace / Thompson boxes:

quote:

The backup button is on the top of the digibox.

Check your Signal Strengths, and if OK, do a forced update:

Power off at the mains. Hold down the back up button on the digibox, and keep holding down as you power up again at the mains.

When all the LED's on the front of the box light up, let go of the backup button, and the download will commence.
It takes around 10-15 minutes to complete, the box will remain on while updating and returns to standby when complete.

ed

12th Jun 09 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The new software has destroyed my box though, plus you can't read the writing on the tv if you've got a screen under 100" wide.
Bart

12th Jun 09 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you sure? I've mainly heard good feedback about the EPG.
Im going to force my update later this evening.
John

12th Jun 09 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tried that right at the start but it's an amstrad box
moka

12th Jun 09 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gna try that tnite, got an old pace box
Rob_Quads

12th Jun 09 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You that works as its not worked previously as that will only restore the latest EPG for your model.

Once the new EPG is marked marked for a model most boxes get it within 24/48 hours.

i.e. if you do get it by doing this you are probably only getting it a few hours earlier
Cavey

12th Jun 09 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can manually tune ITV HD with the new EPG apparently tho. I've not got the update yet, have a new box though, and i think they were going from oldest to newest

Also, ITV HD probably aint that good now, but i was trying to tune it with the old one on Sat for the footy
Bart

12th Jun 09 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
Once the new EPG is marked marked for a model most boxes get it within 24/48 hours.

Not really. Pace boxes are being done first but alot of pace customers still dont have the update.
As per Moka, if you force that update you should get it.

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
I've not got the update yet, have a new box though, and i think they were going from oldest to newest

No this is not the case. Both Pace and Thompson are being done right now, I understand if you have either a Pace or a Thompson your eligible for the update (via automatic update) which may be any number of weeks/months away. Alternatively, you can force using the above methods.
Rob_Quads

12th Jun 09 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
No this is not the case. Both Pace and Thompson are being done right now, I understand if you have either a Pace or a Thompson your eligible for the update (via automatic update) which may be any number of weeks/months away. Alternatively, you can force using the above methods.

This did not work around a month or so ago when it was first released to the first two models of boxes (4E3004 and 4E3007 i think). Mine was not one of the boxes it had 'triggered' onto and even with a forced update it would not appear.

Around a month or so ago they released it for my model and within 24h mine was running it along with lots of others with the same model as seen on AV forums.

The Thompson boxes were first ones to get not Page as they are doing it oldest first (for once the right way round - give it to the long standing customers)
oceansoul

12th Jun 09 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does the new epg work on normal sky boxes yet?
John

12th Jun 09 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, I doubt it ever will.

New Poll