corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » iOmega External HD Error

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author iOmega External HD Error
Whittie

User status: Offline
6th Jul 11 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Havn't used the HD for around 2 months, I need to get all my files & spreadsheets off it. Not a problem recovering the files if needbe, but would much rather the whole thing work normally and properly like it's supposed to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HViAITyqYck

It currently flashes blue & orange, you can see when I video onto the router, where I point should be a USB icon lit up which is usually External Storage.

I've tried plugging it in without usb2.0, tried plugging it in via ethernet, and also with nothing put power plugged into it. After around 1 minute after turning it on, it settles down and flashes blue / orange repeatedly. Also tried plugging directly into the laptop, same thing happens.

I've had a quick Google and can't find any solutions, just where to buy orange and blue lights from America

Any help would be awesome, thought it would be worth a shot posting on here
Whittie

6th Jul 11 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also tried another plug (Same power obviously).
ed

6th Jul 11 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's the caddy that's packed in then perhaps plugging the HDD directly into a computer via SATA/IDE would work? Though at a guess, I'd think it's more likely that it's messed it's file system as that's a fairly common thing to happen to portable disks.
Whittie

6th Jul 11 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Piece of shit. Would love stuff to work for more than 12 months Surely the error means something (Can't find out on Google though...!)

Will give you a bell tomorrow ed if you're about...
Dom

6th Jul 11 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a similar issue with one about a year ago, although from memory Blue/Orange is a DHCP issue; Red/White is a corrupt drive - but you say you've tried it via USB (power has to be plugged in) and it doesn't respond? Tried USB on another system?
Could try their Network Discovery tool or worse case do a factory reset although i can't remember if this formats the drive.....

Edit - https://iomega-eu-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20880/kw/blue and https://iomega-eu-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/18022/kw/reset

[Edited on 06-07-2011 by Dom]
Whittie

6th Jul 11 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Dom,

I've sent iomega an email, see what they say...! Strange that it comes up with DHCP error. It even flashes with nothing but power attached...

Whittie

7th Jul 11 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stuck a switch on the router, and reset it...

Works fine now, how weird. All data is still there too.

New Poll