corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Mortgage to renting

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mortgage to renting
AndyKent

User status: Offline
9th May 12 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends how you might want to repay the loan thing.

If you might want to settle the loan before moving, keep the cash separate so you always have access to it.

If not, taking it of the mortgage will have a much bigger impact financially albeit you can only make use of it when you sell.
Kyle T
Premium Member

9th May 12 at 11:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good point, though If I stay around long enough for my loan repayment to be due - my Shares will be available and that'll be it sorted.

It's still a valid point though as having the cash accessible may become valuable at somepoint.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
AndyKent

9th May 12 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've made the conscious decision not to overpay the mortgage at the moment for that reason. Until I have enough spare its worth locking it up in property.
Ian
Site Administrator

9th May 12 at 12:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
A year ago
Might have to give you that one
Ian
Site Administrator

9th May 12 at 12:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its probably better off the mortgage but as Andy correctly suggests, if you still have it somewhere you can spend it on other things. Particularly your builder portion.

That's the clincher really, you can't really just reduce the debt because you've other reasons to be back in debt, ie. having to pay that thing in the future.

You don't want to pay off the mortgage at 5% and then need to borrow 10% to pay back Redrow.
Kyle T
Premium Member

9th May 12 at 14:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
You don't want to pay off the mortgage at 5% and then need to borrow 10% to pay back Redrow.

Ok that makes sense, I'm trying to overcomplicate everything - but I just need to look at my interest rates, and pay off whatever is highest - obvious when worded that way

Still, as useful as that is - I'm 25k short of buying a house that I want to live in and nobody has yet given me a concrete show stopper in terms of switching to rental for a few years - so it's slowly becoming a plan rather than simply an idea.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Toby
Premium Member

9th May 12 at 16:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just on the mortgage front, i have told my lender im renting and its been rented out for over a year now with no questions asked. I would check though what it would go up to in the worse case, mine went up 1% on interest with Nationwide with the first 6 months free.
Kyle T
Premium Member

15th May 12 at 20:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A local estate and letting agent are coming to give me a free evaluation on both sell price and rental rates on Thursday. I've been trying to tidy away our clutter in a vain attempt to make it look bigger and tidier but it's just impossible to do that whilst still living here.

When I do come to sell it'll be a fucking nightmare to make it look the slightest bit attractive.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ian
Site Administrator

15th May 12 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No it won't - it'll be priced based on what it is.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll