corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Cleaners

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cleaners
Andrew

User status: Offline
3rd Jun 11 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate cleaning but having someone else do it for me would be a waste of money i don't really have. If i had the money i would defo have a cleaner though.
ash_corsa

3rd Jun 11 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
so if a cleaner takes 2 hours, it would probably take me 4 hours. 4 hours is quite a long time.

But your time costs nothing...
John

3rd Jun 11 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends how much of it you have.

I wouldn't personally get one, I can clean a 4 bed in an hour pretty easily but I can see how if you were really really short on time paying some polish woman a tenner is considerably less than your time is worth.
RichR
Premium Member

4th Jun 11 at 13:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My house is really clean anyway as I'm a neat freak but I don't see how you can take 1hour to clean a 4 bed house properly; I spend double that cleaning the bathroom
Shell
Premium Member

4th Jun 11 at 13:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
My house is really clean anyway as I'm a neat freak but I don't see how you can take 1hour to clean a 4 bed house properly; I spend double that cleaning the bathroom

You spend 2 hours cleaning the bathroom every day?
RichR
Premium Member

4th Jun 11 at 13:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Niether John nor myself mentioned a "day"
John

4th Jun 11 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got nothing in it yet tbf, that time may go up when I do.

I tidy as I go though, it's not as if I get to Sunday and I've got a weeks worth of shit lying about.
James

4th Jun 11 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tidying is easy.

It's cleaning (hoovering/dusting etc) that takes the time.

[Edited on 04-06-2011 by James]
John

4th Jun 11 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You won't have stairs will you?

Hoovering is easy without stairs, it's hoovering them then taking it up stairs that's the annoying bit.
Danny P

4th Jun 11 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My general rule of thumb is always dont pay for something you can do yourself. So stuff like cleaning, washing the car, gardening etc.

Takes no time at all to clean really. I run hoover my place maybe once a week, dusting etc, takes about 30 mins then give it a proper blitz once a month which might take a couple of hours. I just bang some music on and get on with it. Massivley satisfying as well once you've done it.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose but I could never justify paying someone to clean my house even if I was minted.
James

4th Jun 11 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I pay a guy to clean my car too

Anyway I've decided I'm going to just do it myself and if I really hate it I'll think about a cleaner.
Danny P

4th Jun 11 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As I say, different people do different stuff.

I probably pay money for stuff others see as daft, just how the world works.
Shell
Premium Member

7th Jun 11 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I never mentioned john. I just assumed everyone cleans their bathroom daily, as you really ought to. A weeks worth of showers/baths/loo use and hand washing etc will leave your bathroom pretty filthy.
Brett
Premium Member

7th Jun 11 at 12:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's no way you'll be cleaning a bathroom daily Maybe rinse the shower after using it, but I can guarantee you're not on your knees daily scrubbing, lifting things of shelves and dusting, etc.
Ben G

7th Jun 11 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shell
quote:

I never mentioned john. I just assumed everyone cleans their bathroom daily, as you really ought to. A weeks worth of showers/baths/loo use and hand washing etc will leave your bathroom pretty filthy.

sod that i have a shower every day and wash it down with the shower head before i get out.

apart from that i probably clean it once a week.

you have ocd.
Shell
Premium Member

7th Jun 11 at 12:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
There's no way you'll be cleaning a bathroom daily Maybe rinse the shower after using it, but I can guarantee you're not on your knees daily scrubbing, lifting things of shelves and dusting, etc.

You do that every 4/5 days, but surely you at least wipe bath etc down every day with cif kind of stuff?!
Brett
Premium Member

7th Jun 11 at 13:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bath is rarely used tbh. Shower gets rinsed down like I said and the whole of the bathrooms will get done once a week at about 45mins a piece, which is cleaning from top to bottom, tiles, shelves, the lot.
RichR
Premium Member

7th Jun 11 at 13:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cif everyday? Who in God's name does that??

That's part of a good cleaning which I do every 10-14days (given that I don't live in one house for more than a couple of days at a time).

I bleach the toilet almost daily when I'm there, and I'll rinse the bath down with the shower everytime I have a bath but as for using CIF etc every day on the bath, does anyone actually do that?
Brett
Premium Member

7th Jun 11 at 13:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who has baths everyday anyway? What a waste of water that is.
Shell
Premium Member

7th Jun 11 at 13:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Cif everyday? Who in God's name does that??

That's part of a good cleaning which I do every 10-14days (given that I don't live in one house for more than a couple of days at a time).

I bleach the toilet almost daily when I'm there, and I'll rinse the bath down with the shower everytime I have a bath but as for using CIF etc every day on the bath, does anyone actually do that?

I apologise sincerely for being brought up to clean the bathroom daily
Brett
Premium Member

7th Jun 11 at 14:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's the sort of thing a stay-at-home-mum would do to occupy her time tbh.
Shell
Premium Member

7th Jun 11 at 15:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is exactly it Brett, I don't have much to do, stayinghbat home with my two wee ones.

[Edited on 07-06-2011 by Shell]
Brett
Premium Member

7th Jun 11 at 15:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did see your first reply actually, curious why you changed it

i do reckon somewhere along your generational line there has been a stay-at-home-mum who's taught her daughter, who taught her daughter, who taught her daughter, etc. to clean the bath every day
Shell
Premium Member

7th Jun 11 at 15:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's actually more than likely Gran liked a clean house etc etc. We all clean if we're stressed

I changed it when I realised I was biting like a bear

Look at this, its become all philosophical.
mwg

7th Jun 11 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My boss said he used to have a cleaner years ago but the cleaners they were using had certain rules on what they would and wouldn't clean. He said you basically ended up having to tidy/clean up the house before they came. Seems ridiculous to me.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll