corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » iPhone Thread - iPhone 5 - Who's got one....

New Poll
  <<  44    45    46    47    48    49    50  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author iPhone Thread - iPhone 5 - Who's got one....
A2H GO

User status: Offline
19th Sep 12 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
White looks too girly
white looks too tacky to me with the silver back! the blakc looks amazing

Always has white Apple products, gone for black as although the white looks good the annodised black metal swayed it.
A2H GO

19th Sep 12 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Originally posted by A2H GO

Conductive charging is nowhere near the stage it needs to be for Apple to adopt it....you have to run a wire to the pad anyway which kind of defeats the object as you might as well just put it in the end of your phone.

The Telegraph -

"Specificationists will say that with the iPhone 5 Apple is now behind its rivals in terms of features but in truth it's hard to think of a feature offered elsewhere that the average person - as opposed to the tech obsessive - really needs. NFC is not sufficiently widely used, wireless charging is nice but still requires a charger plugged into the wall".

Phill Shiller on why iPhone 5 doesn't have wireless charging -

"As for why Apple isn’t pursuing wireless charging the way Nokia (NOK) is with its Lumia 820 and 920 smartphones, Schiller said that wireless charging pads still need to be plugged into a wall and offer no real convenience over attaching a standard charging cable."

Just like I said then

[Edited on 19-09-2012 by A2H GO]
Robbo

19th Sep 12 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont sit on either side of the fence but clearly Phil Schiller is going to back HIS decision not to implement
Steve
Premium Member

19th Sep 12 at 12:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so its just as easy to walk into a cafe and sit down and try and find a power outlet to plug your charger into rather then just bung it in a wireless holder?

or its just as easy to fumble around finding a cigarette lighter charger to plug in your car whilst your driving rather then just chucking the phone into a wireless charging holder
A2H GO

19th Sep 12 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's talking about today(just like I was) not the future.

Good luck charging your Lumia in Costa or your Puma without out charger.

It will be incredibly convenient in a few years by which time another 2-3 generations of iPhone will have been made.

Steve
Premium Member

19th Sep 12 at 12:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no his reason was that wireless charging pads still need to be plugged into the wall and offer no real convience, nothing about it being a technology of the future
A2H GO

19th Sep 12 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like talking to a brick wall this
Nath

19th Sep 12 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FFS I can't even remember what the original argument was anymore
djgritt
Premium Member

19th Sep 12 at 12:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
or its just as easy to fumble around finding a cigarette lighter charger to plug in your car whilst your driving rather then just chucking the phone into a wireless charging holder

Most people would probably plug it in before they started driving...
A2H GO

19th Sep 12 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath

It wasn't an argument, it was a passing statement I made as to why Apple haven't included it, which has now been confirmed by Apple themselves but people have just gone off into a concept future of inductive cars and coffee shop tables.

Balling
Premium Member

19th Sep 12 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Like talking to a brick wall this
Ash, are you for real right now? We covered all this several pages ago, do you honestly want the whole thing repeated, as nothing you said today is any different.

What does it take for you to realize you are looking at this from a completely wrong angle?

Marc

19th Sep 12 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This thread is ace.
Cavey

19th Sep 12 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In fairness Ash is right as to why they didn't include it, and that was his main point

The argument was that a company as big, and cash rich, as Apple could of advanced the technology and included it on their phones if they wanted to actually be innovative and actually offer something new on the newest incarnation of the iPhone, instead of just offering a minor upgrade on their existing design.

Instead they're doing what they always do and waiting for a technology to be invented and improved then they'll buy a company who does it and release it as a new amazing feature and everyone will lap it up, and probably sue anyone else who was already using it
Steve
Premium Member

19th Sep 12 at 12:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Instead they're doing what they always do and waiting for a technology to be invented and improved then they'll buy a company who does it and release it as a new amazing feature and everyone will lap it up, and probably sue anyone else who was already using it

yeah iv never heard of apple trying to push new ideas and technologies that arent already in or widespread in the current market

to answer your first point, Ash was not correct, the statement merely states it wasnt implemented because "its no harder to just plug it in"

Where does is say in that statement from apple ash just posted, "we arent doing it because the technology isnt widespread yet"
Steve
Premium Member

19th Sep 12 at 12:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some proper Apple fantwats in here
Marc

19th Sep 12 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You ordered one Stcheven?
Balling
Premium Member

19th Sep 12 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
In fairness Ash is right as to why they didn't include it, and that was his main point
But the argument they are using and is completely invalid!!! I would think this was obvious!?

If that is truly how they feel about evolving technology, then why have they added Passbook in iOS 6? That's completely useless as well until more companies start supporting it.
But they have added it, as they believe it's the future and thus will gain support in time and is something that doesn't affect the overall product negatively.

The same could be said about wireless charging.

[Edited on 19-09-2012 by Balling]

A2H GO

19th Sep 12 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

The argument was that a company as big, and cash rich, as Apple could of advanced the technology and included it on their phones if they wanted to actually be innovative and actually offer something new on the newest incarnation of the iPhone, instead of just offering a minor upgrade on their existing design.

Someone give this lad a medal.

Some people on here seem to just go against the grain because they've got nothing better to do.

A2H GO

19th Sep 12 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
But the argument they are using and is completely invalid!!! I would think this was obvious!?

If that is truly how they feel about evolving technology, then why have they added Passbook in iOS 6? That's completely useless as well until more companies start supporting it.
But they have added it, as they believe it's the future and thus will gain support in time and is something that doesn't affect the overall product negatively.

The same could be said about wireless charging.

[Edited on 19-09-2012 by Balling]

My comment was nothing to do with evolving technology though
mwg

19th Sep 12 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath

something about something apple about something samsung about something Steve is a twat
Cavey

19th Sep 12 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not arguing whether they are wrong, and i'm not sure Ash is either, he's just saying that he believes they didn't implement it as it's not far enough advanced, which was backed up by the someone at Apple. Not surprisingly

I'm the one who brought up the fact that they could of added it as it seems it'll be the future tech, and if they so wanted, they could of probably had it to the point that it would be commonplace within a short amount of time, lets be fair, if Apple bring something out, the world of accessories quickly follows as they know they can sell bucket loads

Fact is, they churn out a phone every year that sells in its millions (think they're expecting to sell 45million this quarter alone) So they don't need to have it in this incarnation of the phone for it to sell. They can just wait until it's more widespread, and easier to include and bring it in next time round.

Also, I think this is possibly the first time i've backed up Ash as his Apple views are always so massively biased

[Edited on 19-09-2012 by Cavey]
A2H GO

19th Sep 12 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldnt care less whether it was right or wrong of them to leave it out. I was simply stateing why they did and people have read way too much into it (about 4 pages too much infact )

Balling
Premium Member

19th Sep 12 at 12:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
My comment was nothing to do with evolving technology though
But was your comment not, that this feature was not added to the iPhone 5 because it has not benefits? Is that not true?

And was my argument not, that the benefit is, that:
It. Will. Help. The. Technology. Evolve. to a point where it is more widespread. Something that will not happen, unless manufacturers implement it in their products. Hence the argument is invalid.

I'm not even sure if you're being deliberately thick right now?

djgritt
Premium Member

19th Sep 12 at 12:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:

I imagine Passbook is easier to implement being (I assume) a product of mainly Software based work. Companies are using electronic Passes already, as I use my British Airways App for online boarding passes on my phone, and I imagine things like that will be pretty easy to integrate with Passbook.

I imagine wireless charging won't be so simple as there isn't a hardware infrastructure out there to make it a viable function yet.
JonnyJ

19th Sep 12 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To sum it up you would buy the iPhone if you are the type of person who would buy COD, because you are scared of anything new and are happy to lap up basically the same thing released time after time with very little improvement

You would buy another phone if you are the type of person who would buy something like Battlefield as you prefer to have the best thing out there, even if it isn't as popular and are happy to try something outside your comfort zone.

<<  44    45    46    47    48    49    50  >>

New Poll