corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Going to view some houses at the weekend.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Going to view some houses at the weekend.
Ben G

User status: Offline
24th Feb 10 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me and the missus have been planning on a house together for about 6 months now.

going to see some houses in Wickford in Essex at the weekend, just not sure what i should be looking for really.

all i really want is a 2 bedroom semi-detached or end of terrace house. not too big a garden (i hate gardening), possibly a garage, not too bothered about work needing doing as my dad is an awesome DIY builder/plumber/everything

this one:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-21157732.html?maxPrice=190000&minBedrooms=2&pageNumber=3&backToListURL=%2Fproperty-for-sale%2FWickford.html%3FmaxPrice%3D190000%26minBedrooms%3D2%26index%3D20

and a couple of others, but not sure about them yet.

just hope i get somewhere nice and that part of wickford is alright according to my work mates brother who lives there.

it's a nice quiet area away from the main roads, just worried something will go wrong
Colin

24th Feb 10 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good Ban, only thing that caught my eye is its right on a bend, might want to watch the vol of traffic passing as it could be annoying if wankers in bmw's keep flying past!
Ben G

24th Feb 10 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we've already been down there to check the area mate and it's in a cul-de-sac sort of place, dead end, right at the bottom so no chance of bmw wankers flying past

this one wasn't my first choice but the mrs likes it and i said it's her choice as i'm really not too bothered where we go
dannymccann

24th Feb 10 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks like a good price for the south?? Decor definitely needs something doing with it
Ben G

24th Feb 10 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah that area of wickford is quite a new-ish big estate and as it's quite far out for london commuters they tend to comman a lower price than houses where i am now (300k+ here )

my mrs will have to get a bus to the train station, then 2 different trains to get to work, which takes about 30 minutes longer but she has already said she'd give up her job in westminster if she could get one she could drive to (nursery nurse).

so not too bad really.

and yeah decor will need a few grand chucking at it but nothing some laminated floor, paint on the walls can't fix.
_Allan_

24th Feb 10 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks cheap for down south .
Smart looking anyway and would be an ideal first home together.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

24th Feb 10 at 10:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

indeed very cheap, wish there was somewhere like that by me, sounds like a good location too

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Twiggy

25th Feb 10 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Up North FTW!!!

Looks good!
Ben G

27th Feb 10 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

went to view 2 houses today, namely these 2:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-24312394.html?minPrice=160000&maxPrice=190000&minBedrooms=2&maxBedrooms=2&pageNumber=1&backToListURL=%2Fproperty-for-sale%2Ffind.html%3FlocationIdentifier%3DREGION%255E1450%26minPrice%3D160000%26maxPrice%3D190000%26minBedrooms%3D2%26maxBedrooms%3D2

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-24670084.html?minPrice=160000&maxPrice=190000&minBedrooms=2&maxBedrooms=2&pageNumber=3&backToListURL=%2Fproperty-for-sale%2FWickford.html%3FminPrice%3D160000%26maxPrice%3D190000%26minBedrooms%3D2%26maxBedrooms%3D2%26index%3D20

the first one (douglas drive) was rather big. the garage has been converted into a huge dining room which i think is a shame but my mrs prefers it which is obvious.

the garden was very nice, and both bedrooms were quite large.

the second property (maitland road) was prime location as there was a pathway leading all the way to the station right next to the house.

was in a very quiet private road leading to it (caught my front bumper on it as it was so bumpy) , about a 3 minute walk to a small primary school.

rooms were a bit smaller but big enough for 2 people to live in comfortably.

the difference in price is 10 grand which is a lot but then you get more for your money.

3 more to view tomorrow, including the one in the original post.

house hunting is hard work
dannymccann

27th Feb 10 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you only had those 2 to choose from (without seeing the local area) I would take the second, simply because the kitchen and bathroom are bigger, but then I like spending time in the kitchen!

And yes it is tiring and hard work, especially when you make an effort bezzing around town to only be let down by late estate agents or people not being in to show you round when they said they would be
VegasPhil
Premium Member

28th Feb 10 at 07:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
And yes it is tiring and hard work, especially when you make an effort bezzing around town to only be let down by late estate agents or people not being in to show you round when they said they would be

Always the way

I'm always behind by the end of a days appts

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
dannymccann

28th Feb 10 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I understand you guys are busy, and wouldnt mind if you were late as long as you called to say so, but didnt fob me off with the 'Be there in 5' when you actually mean 30
VegasPhil
Premium Member

28th Feb 10 at 10:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's the excuse for "Oh shit I booked the viewing and forgot to but it in the diary"

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold

New Poll