corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Communal living

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Communal living
Robbo

User status: Offline
1st Jun 10 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, havign recently broken up with my girlfriend I'm starting to remember why I dislike living on my own and have started to work out how I'm goign to make the move up to London on my own (former plan with girlfriend + part of my original plan after i came back from Dublin and before i met her) given that new city + livign on own + boring gits at work who don't predominantly lvie in London will = £££ + misery, i happened across this article at the wekened (or shoudl I say my Mum did whilst reading a paper at a garden centre!)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/rentingproperty/7777557/Shared-accommodation-Lets-stick-together.html

Think it soudns liek a great idea so have been in contatc with the landlord and am arrangign a meeting to go see him soon and get a betetr feel for it! Not planning to move up until December/January time which will suit well! Never ben keen on the idea of livign with one perosn, esp after living on my own for a few years but with a bunch of people similar to me I think its be great! Not cheap but quite a savign voe rlviign on your own I reckon

http://www.fulhamrooms.com
Ben J

1st Jun 10 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great.

HD box in each bedroom!!!

Think how many Arsenal games you can get to living in London.

[Edited on 01-06-2010 by Ben J]
luciaadr

1st Jun 10 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's barely an article. its a full page advert disguised as news.

No single rooms to rent in London? Lies.

Sure top-spec ones like that are few and far between, but then I wouldn't want to pay over the odds to have TV, fridge (in my bedroom?).

A few friends live in flatshre accomodation accross london, I dont recall them struggling to find one. They're not "chaotic and cramped" either.

Did the landlord mention prices when you inquired? I know Dublin's not cheap but I bet they're mega money.
Robbo

1st Jun 10 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Roughly £230-270 pw I think

Think the big chunky fridge is in the kitchen rather than each room... also id be wanting to take some stuff into the room myself as i alreayd have furniure so hopefully bring price down a bit too

Benji - oh yesh, many more as cuts out 40% of the cost!
Whittie

1st Jun 10 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For £1k per month you could get a mortgage & a nice house out of it.

I'd rather do that and go and make some new friends than live with strangers who could nick your food and get on your nerves.
Robbo

1st Jun 10 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In Central London? No. Plus you also need deposit
Whittie

1st Jun 10 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Guess so, i'm fed up of shared living though. Does my head in sometimes.

At the end of the day it is a good deal considering the location, and it's up to you. Not something i'd personaly like though.
MarkM

1st Jun 10 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robbo just get your own gaff you gay. Jut make sure you go out and meet new people. Join a gym or a night class or something. Plenty of other ways to meet new people.

I did it for two years in London. Fuck living with randoms.
Dom

1st Jun 10 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Price is ok but i wouldn't say it's brilliant, i would do what a friend of mine did and have a butchers around Gumtree. He managed to score an apartment share with two extremely fit blondes somewhere near Kentish for £650 a month inc bills (doesn't include sky though).
However the houses do look pretty decent though
ed

1st Jun 10 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just appears to be another thing where people believe that throwing money at a problem will solve it. I know plenty of people who share flats and houses in London and they certainly aren't paying a grand a month.
ed

1st Jun 10 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plus if he's charging that much he could at least do the decent thing and have a proper website made.
MarkM

1st Jun 10 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get your own gaff. You'd easily get a 1 bed in a half decent area for less than 1k a month.
Simon

1st Jun 10 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could have put a deposit down with the amount you spent on your ex's presents

But seriously if I was to go to London on my own communal living would be what I looked at. I've had a couple of friends who have tried getting 1 bed places and have really struggled paying the rent, a lot cheaper to share, plus it gives you instant access to new people.
Robbo

1st Jun 10 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon
You could have put a deposit down with the amount you spent on your ex's presents

But seriously if I was to go to London on my own communal living would be what I looked at. I've had a couple of friends who have tried getting 1 bed places and have really struggled paying the rent, a lot cheaper to share, plus it gives you instant access to new people.
FLOL

you're not far wrong
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Jun 10 at 01:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is my idea of living hell.
Robbo

4th Jun 10 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why, out of itnerest?
ed

4th Jun 10 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It seems like the idea is you live in a house with other people, but the intention is to not even bother to get to know them. So you're under the same roof with a bunch of strangers afraid to even leave your own room.
Robbo

4th Jun 10 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with this you mean ed? not at all - quite the opposit in fact

New Poll