corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What would cause this (not startin but then starting)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What would cause this (not startin but then starting)
MatthewR

User status: Offline
29th Nov 12 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello all
i have recently purchased a run about Ford Focus 02 1.6 and some days it just wont start until ive attempted to turn it on about 10 times, then it will just fire up as normal, no chugging or any signs of battery failure. The lights all come on n everything goes turn over but it just wont fire up. Ive checked everything with the battery and its fine, all wired up correctly and covered. It only has 66k miles and recent MOT so im sure its not major but cant really put my finger on it
any help greatly appreciated
Matt
MatthewR

30th Nov 12 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone any idea??
corsadonk
Premium Member

30th Nov 12 at 18:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It might be something like a crank postion sensor on it's way out. I take it, from what you are saying it turns over like it should, and just doesn't fire?
MatthewR

3rd Dec 12 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, i thought maybe immobiliser issue??
Read up and seems to be a trick of using the old spare key - have used that recently and everything ok.......so far

New Poll