corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » suspention question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author suspention question
thekemp

User status: Offline
10th Dec 03 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking at uprating my suspention with coil-overs i dont want it real low and my car is a 5- door i have 15's et42 and they srub on the back when 2 peeps are in the back already, so im looking for about 20mm drop on the back but harder than stock, on the front about 40-60mm drop any recomendations on kits?

not really arsed about the cost

cheers for any input
whitter45

10th Dec 03 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

suprised it rubs on ET 42 really mate
thekemp

10th Dec 03 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it rubs on the arch liner only when two people are in the back, im suspecting the dampers in the rear are gone as the car used to be a money collection car, and had a big safe in the boot full of coins!
whitter45

10th Dec 03 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats sounds about right then
Joff

10th Dec 03 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The benefits of coilovers are more than just the ability to lower the car by more than 60mm.

With the FK HighSport coilovers, they give you better handling whilst still retaining excellent ride quality.

The KonigSport's are stiffer and more suited to those that want the best for road and track use.
Joff

10th Dec 03 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fully extended drop on FK coilovers is about 30-35mm.
TOMAS

10th Dec 03 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Their are NO arch liners on the rear! It may be catching on the arch bolts which are easily removed! I have a 5door and used to run it on ET42 15's 7" wide with 195/45 rubber and NEVER caught on the arches with a 65mm drop. On a 5door with arch bolts removed you can drop it 90mm EASILY on the rear and 100mm on the front. Im now running coilovers with 16's - lowered 70mm all-round
thekemp

10th Dec 03 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry thomas i didnt mean the arch linners i ment the plastic arch bit, thats where it scrubs,
so your saying take the rear plastic arch off remove the bolts and stick it back on with mastic or the like?
my wheels are wolfrace mantis when i bought them the guy said they were et42 .
Neshol

10th Dec 03 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah that's what he means, un-bolt them and bond them back on.
TOMAS

10th Dec 03 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, you only need to remove the top three bolts. You prob wont need to bond it on as it will hold itself on with the remaining bolts (well mine have over the past 2years). Also whilst its off, file/grind back the small lip on the plastic arch at the top section as mine caught their too, just do it carefully, it wont bee seen once its back on the car. The ET should be stamped on the back of the wheel. Have a look inside the arch just to check if its catching the metal arch too (you should see scrubb marks/clean areas if its scrubbing) if it is you can grind back the arch lip if you dare, also you can knock it out slightly* with a hammer/block of wood.
thekemp

10th Dec 03 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys!

New Poll