corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C20XE on carbs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20XE on carbs
dan_almond

User status: Offline
4th Dec 06 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im currently costing up a conversion for my 1.0 12v. Ive a friend who has a spair redtop engine in his works unit but i want to know exactly what i need to do the conversion. Ill be running it on carbs also.

Currently, ive got koni adjustables all round, which should be ok for the conv. Ive just put on 2.0 16v drilled discks and calipers.

Ill get the convesion kit from lmv (mtec kit around £550). What else do i need to buy. Ive read somewhere that ill need a bigger radiator and a new fan?

Ill presume ill need a rear disk conversion. Is the lmf conversion kit good, and what else will i need to convert it?

Ill appreciate a shopping type list.

Cheers
Dan
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

4th Dec 06 at 13:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Firstly, check out the FAQ section where theres a complete guide on how to do the Conversion which was made by Ed.

If your running the engine on carbs you'll need the correct ignition setup which can be purchased from H&H ignitions.

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
Nic Barnes

4th Dec 06 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably worth a mention that it isnt essential to do a rear disc conversion. personally, i wouldnt bother and keep the std rear drums and get larger front brakes.
dan_almond

4th Dec 06 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
dan_almond

5th Dec 06 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sly_SRi
Firstly, check out the FAQ section where theres a complete guide on how to do the Conversion which was made by Ed.

If your running the engine on carbs you'll need the correct ignition setup which can be purchased from H&H ignitions.

What in particular would i need from H&H ignitions ?
willhouse

5th Dec 06 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dan_almond
quote:
Originally posted by Sly_SRi

What in particular would i need from H&H ignitions ?

you can just use standard vauxhall parts for the ignition. have a good look round for info on this but i think you can use the distibutor off a bedford van or something. my mate did this on a nova conversion that he did years back with weber carbs
Nic Barnes

5th Dec 06 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can use a mk2 cavalier coil, amp and dizzy

but good luck in finding them in the scrappy

New Poll