corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Graphics card, Dual output???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Graphics card, Dual output???
MoNkEy MaGiC

User status: Offline
20th Mar 07 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im getting a graphics card for my pc which has a dual output via its single dvi out connection from a y splitter cable included...

im not to good with graphic cards, am i right that i can connect TWO different moniters with this dual output splitter cable from the graphics card?? so that i get the same picture on both moniters? NOT a extended dekstop?

the spiltter cable it comes with is from dvi to TWO vga, but could i use any type of splittter cable, eg hdmi, vga, dvi etc and also any length?? as i intend to connect to my hd tv??

cheers for any help guys
ed

20th Mar 07 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it using a splitter then you will only get mirrored output I'm affraid and no extended desktop.

You could use any type of compatible splitter cable you like to do the job... But surely your HDTV will have a DVI plug on the back of it?
Dom

20th Mar 07 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends what type of card it is, as matrox cards usually have two connections and then y-splitters, allowing for 4 independant monitors (so extended desktops).

But yes, even if it does do extended desktop you will beable to set it so it mirrors the desktop. Though like ed pointed out chances are you'll have a DVI/HDMI connector on the back of your telly so would be a bit pointless going from digital - > analog - > digital (and i've never tried it so can't comment if you can use cables alone or need to buy converters etc).

whats the make/model of the graphics card anyways?
Gary
Premium Member

20th Mar 07 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get a USB to VGA adaptor, not sure if you can have extended desktop with it, or just mirrored
MoNkEy MaGiC

20th Mar 07 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the replys guys

ive got a hdtv with 2 hdmi inputs and a VGA input

im limited to a low profile half size graphics card because of the type of case i have for my dell gx280 small desktop pc

ive seen a low profile graphics card which has just a dvi output, but says it is a dual output graphics card, so what does that mean exactly??
what i want is, to connect my moniter and my hdtv, and get a mirror image using the splitter?

also i will be using a 5 metre cable to connect the pc to my tv, is this ok, and wont effect the signal or quality or damage anything??

any recommendations on low profile cards??
nothing fancy a 128mb or 256mb, as long as i can connect moniter and tv
what would be the best connections to use??
MoNkEy MaGiC

20th Mar 07 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and the card ive seen is a ATI radeon X600 256mb, low profile, dvi dual output

any good??
what type of games could i play??
ed

21st Mar 07 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

256mb is a pretty powerfull card. It's what I have and I can play any game I like. It also runs a Vista Aero desktop fine

New Poll