corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Bhp from tuned c16xe

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bhp from tuned c16xe
Bettley

User status: Offline
4th Jan 09 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i no there will be a post somewhere on this but i cant find it so

i wanna no what the bhp will be on a c16xe with
4into 1 manifold de cat and full exhuast
diablis inlet manifold
power boost vavle
lightend flywheel
racing clutch
K & n or airbox

cheers all
luke85

4th Jan 09 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The clutch and flywheel wont increase BHP and rather than a boost valve you should look at getting a unichip with a re-programmable rev limit.

Id guess at about 130BHP if you go the unichip route with room for about another 10bhp if you get cams and headwork done
steddy-eddie

5th Jan 09 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the dbilas inlet are supposed to free up 10 - 20bhp from the restrictions in the inlet, power boost valve (dont bother wasting your money) lightened flywheel wont give you any power but it will help the engine rev up more freely the clutch will just help to handle the power thru the transmission (i fink thats ryt keep forgetting lol) a 4-2-1 manifold will give you power bottom end and mid range, a 4-1 will give you mid range and top end power and torque (dnt hold me to the power band but shud be right for torque).
Also to go with it to aid you tothe 150bhp mark a set of decent cams wouldnt go amiss with vernier pulleys, headwork and a decent remap with dyno tuning and a bit of street tuning also. that should see you with a decent set up, not just concentrate on these because if you havent got the brakes or suspension setup you wont be going as quick due to the car not been built for the power
philip2

5th Jan 09 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bettley get rid of the feckin boost valve there wank!

sell the dbilas and buy a power box, get some money back, mine with a powerbox went a hell of a lot better than alexs gsi with a dbilas inlet!

my c16xe with inlet, pistons, headwork, lightened/balanced, helix clutch, stock airbox used to drill 106gti's valver corsa til doing 3 figure speeds, no idea on power but it went like stink!

[Edited on 05-01-2009 by philip2]
myatt

5th Jan 09 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what do you mean by power box?
Minty_Fresh

5th Jan 09 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

asin power box inlet..

New Poll