corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What is this wire for?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What is this wire for?
NORRIS-07

User status: Offline
8th Feb 09 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all, just need abit of help, ive took my old steering wheel off ready to fit a steering wheel boss on, ive took the little plastic disc off the old wheel for the horn and indicators, do i just clip the plastic bit onto the boss and what is the green wire for that is still attached to the old steering wheel?, theyres a red wire which is on the plastic thing and there is a green wire still attatched to the steering wheel, what is it for?

thanks all, need quick replys please so i can get it all ready for fitting tomorrow,

thanks all

[Edited on 09-02-2009 by Ian]
corsa_godfather

8th Feb 09 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not for the horn?
NORRIS-07

8th Feb 09 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heres a picture of the plastic disc and a picture of the green wire im on about, thanks all

[Edited on 08-02-2009 by NORRIS-07]
Gregor

8th Feb 09 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats for the horn mate. The two wires plug into it
NORRIS-07

8th Feb 09 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ohh right cheers people, sorry about the mega big picture, i did make it smaller but for some reason its not working, so both of them for the horn so ill need to take the green one out aswell ?, does the plastic disc just clip into the bottom of the boss aswell?, as ive seen some peoples boss's and theyve got a big bit of plastic what sticks out at the bottom and this one just seems like a little disc

cheers

thanks again

evans_corsab

8th Feb 09 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats an earth for the horn push im pretty shure , now if the red wire touches metal the horn should kick off
NORRIS-07

8th Feb 09 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers bud, haha good job you told me that haha, what will it do just keep going off?

evans_corsab

8th Feb 09 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will just touch metal and be like beep beep , you should get like a metal ring plate with the boss and it comes with a earth , is the one your getting an omp ? mine came with it
NORRIS-07

8th Feb 09 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mines just got 2 metal plates with it with like cut outs around the edge and one without cut outs if you get me mate, dont know what it is my mate gave it me and he dont know what it is either, where abouts do i put the metal ring plate then mate?

NORRIS-07

8th Feb 09 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just had a proper look at the boss and theyre isnt a slot for me to connect the green wire into, is theyre another way i can connect it up?

cheers

New Poll