corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » radio went off alternater light on

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author radio went off alternater light on
richnjenn01

User status: Offline
   14th Feb 09 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

guys please help my radio crackled last night i then got a burning smell(electrical) then the alternater light came on has it burnt the alternater out or could it be a fuse/relay the car is a l reg 1.4ls
Daveskater
Premium Member

14th Feb 09 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always check the fuses first with electrical stuff, it may have melted the plastic on the fuse or something. Did/does it smell stronger outside the car/under the bonnet?

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
richnjenn01

14th Feb 09 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thank you Dave was a fuse now gotta go find out why it all went ti-s up
Daveskater
Premium Member

14th Feb 09 at 17:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No worries

It might sound silly but sometimes fuses just go. Replace it and see if it goes again, they're only like 20p each or something

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
richnjenn01

14th Feb 09 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh done that fuse blows straight awaygonna try another radio as the other 1 was crackling just b4 it went off gonna do a full ice install soon just means i have to do it sooner
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Feb 09 at 20:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuse blowing shouldn't cause a burning smell but something bad happening would cause the fuse to blow. My guess would be that something bad has happened and you shouldn't just replace the fuse and ignore it.

What number fuse was it?
richnjenn01

14th Feb 09 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2nd from left bottom row as sat in the car i tried a second fuse blew straight away lost ignition lights i disconected the radio the fuse is ok so its either the radio is knackerd or a wire is earthing out guys i go away for 4 days can you email any help jjenkinson2@aol.com the radio crackled lots just b4 the problem arose
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Feb 09 at 20:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You got another radio you can put in to test?

New Poll