corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Copying files to new computer

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Copying files to new computer
oceansoul

User status: Offline
19th May 09 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My parents just got new computer because the old one was buggered. They want me to copy all there personal files to the new one. The only way i can, is take their old HDD out of the old computer and put it in the new one to copy files across. Trouble i having is the access rights on there old files, as they had passwords on their accounts on the old pc and obvo these accounts are now different. Ive tried playing with the "owner" settings but no luck.
Old OS was XP Pro, new is Vista Home Basic. How can i get the files on here?? doing my head in now.
John

19th May 09 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Network them.
oceansoul

19th May 09 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

old computer caput. i was thinkin to put the hdd in my laptop and share it over the net work.

Will that work??
oceansoul

19th May 09 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul
old computer caput. i was thinkin to put the hdd in my laptop and share it over the net work.

Will that work??

That didnt work; plugged the hdd into me laptop then Shared the drive. on the new pc it would allow me to view the personal files due to user access rights.
pow
Premium Member

19th May 09 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Something with Vista works well

New Poll