corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » People in the know about iPhone hardware

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author People in the know about iPhone hardware
LeeM

User status: Offline
2nd Sep 10 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a 16gb 3GS, my mates got an 8gb 3G.
I've just been given a smashed 32gb 3GS, can I put that hard drive in mine, my hard drive in my mates and the 3mp camera in my mates as well?
I'm not sure if I can put a screen on the smashed one because it's probably barred because my other mate who I got it off got a new one on his insurance
Cosmo

2nd Sep 10 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ignoring the probable incompatibility between the parts - do you know how to switch all of them round and it still work?
jamied

2nd Sep 10 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no just no...
LeeM

2nd Sep 10 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I've played around with electronics plenty, built working phones out of broken ones before and stripped, cleaned and rebuilt my laptop when the touchpad broke.
John

2nd Sep 10 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Talking about the hard drives inside them instantly means you can't do it even if it could be done.
ed

2nd Sep 10 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dom

2nd Sep 10 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Talking about the hard drives inside them instantly means you can't do it even if it could be done.

what i was thinking

Short answer, no you can't swap parts. Best bet would be to replace the screen, if it is blocked then ebay it for overseas - someone will buy it.
LeeM

2nd Sep 10 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, flash drives whatever it is they use! If not ill stick it on ebay for parts and see if i can get 40 or 50 quid for it. Was only seeing if its worth ripping it apart myself first!
Dom

2nd Sep 10 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
Ok, flash drives whatever it is they use! If not ill stick it on ebay for parts and see if i can get 40 or 50 quid for it. Was only seeing if its worth ripping it apart myself first!

The nand storage is part of the logic board, so you won't be able to swap it. The camera can be removed, but it's unlikely that it'll work as the interfaces are different.
As said, repair the screen and sell it abroad as you'll still make a fair amount on it.
LeeM

2nd Sep 10 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers dom, a proper answer! Only time ive ever looked inside an apple product was my old ipod that had a physical hard drive that just unclipped from the main board thing so i wasnt sure if it was goi g to be a case of jus swapping them over. The camera idea was just something i thought about because they both use the same firmware and i kniw fuck all about cameras/lenses
LeeM

2nd Sep 10 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ebay it is!
LeeM

3rd Sep 10 at 07:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that was alight, £75 it went for
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

3rd Sep 10 at 15:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Screens can be bought for £20, and 10min job to replace!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car

New Poll