corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Cleaners

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cleaners
James

User status: Offline
31st May 11 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone have one?

I was thinking about getting one for 2 hours a week, 1 hour of cleaning and 1 hour of ironing.

It's about £10 an hour round here so that would be £80 a month and would probably mean almost all of my ironing gets done and my flat would always be nice and clean!
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 13:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

clean it yourself
Bart

31st May 11 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, we have a cleaner and ironer.
Cleaning is £20 a week and Ironing is £20 per bin liner, as/when we want.

Generally get the misses to Iron work stuff and everything else gets sent away.
SXIBLK

31st May 11 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a Mrs job done
Sam
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you two loaded or something?
James

31st May 11 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£80 a month is hardly loads of money. I hate cleaning and ironing. I know people that spend more than that on gym memberships etc..
Sam
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£80 is about 2/3 of our monthly gas/electric bill combined

But yes I can see your point.

Just make sure you hire someone that won't thieve your stuff!
James

31st May 11 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh I'm going to try and get a local recommendation. There are a few fairly big companies that will probably ship out some Eastern European woman but I don't know if they are going to be any good or trustworthy.
Brett
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't see the gaff being very tidy with an hours cleaning a week unless it's fairly small.
James

31st May 11 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well it's a 2 bed flat. So 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen, a hallway and a lounge/dining room.

Could probably run a hoover round in 20 - 30 minutes and then a bit of dusting/cleaning for 30 minutes. Maybe I'm being optimistic
RichR
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 14:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have someone in 4hours a week @ £8/hr. She does 2hours on a Monday and 2 on a Friday but She's shit and my Mum is trying to get rid of her but She is also our next door but one neighbour so its a bit harsh - that said She is useless. Last cleaner was the same price but really good.
Hammer

31st May 11 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't want a cleaner routing around my gaff personally unless I lived in a mansion with numerous rooms.
Russ

31st May 11 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Wouldn't want a cleaner routing around my gaff personally unless I lived in a mansion with numerous rooms.
this
Brett
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 14:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most cleaners I've encountered always do a half assed shite job.
Sam
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Import one from the far east.

Free cleaning for life in exchange for a fake marriage?
RichR
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 15:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer

My Mum and Dad both work away from home during the week for the majority of the year. They work hard so the last thing they want to do is come home and clean/dust etc. Even though no one is in, the place still accumulates dust and needs a once over; just a shame the cleaner We have now is so shit as She's a lovely, trustworthy person just not that bright and not that good
Brett
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 15:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Laziness imo
RichR
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I could afford it, I'd have a cleaner - Why would you want to spend your evenings/weekends doing mundane tasks like cleaning and ironing if you work hard all week?
Lawrah
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 15:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
Laziness imo
Brett
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 15:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
If I could afford it, I'd have a cleaner - Why would you want to spend your evenings/weekends doing mundane tasks like cleaning and ironing if you work hard all week?

Why "work hard" to waste money on a cleaner? Just seems downright lazy imo, it's hardly a big deal. What are you gonna do instead, sit and watch TV? ...and what have your parents got from employing someone a few hours a week? A dirty house.

[Edited on 31-05-2011 by loafofbrett]
RichR
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 15:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In Your opinion and You're entitled to it, I'll just disagree as You don't know of the circumstances nor do I know of yours
RichR
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 15:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plus you say "waste" money. If it wasn't for this new cleaner (who has only been with them for a month or so) being shit, they wouldn't see it as a waste but that's their perogative

[Edited on 31-05-2011 by LiVe LeE]
James

31st May 11 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is lazy but during the week i'm out between 8am and 8pm so I don't have much free time.

The other thing is that in it would take me at least twice as long as a proper cleaner to do the same amount of work, so if a cleaner takes 2 hours, it would probably take me 4 hours. 4 hours is quite a long time.
Gary
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 16:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll be getting one soon now the mrs has finished uni and will be working instead of cleaning!
RichR
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 16:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I suppose the argument is whether you're "wasting time" or "wasting money" and people will have very different views on that. £80 a month to some people is worth every penny for the time saving and so they see it as cheap

[Edited on 31-05-2011 by LiVe LeE]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll