corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x14xe struggling to igle when first started and cutting out when coasting?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x14xe struggling to igle when first started and cutting out when coasting?
Jonny.K

User status: Offline
20th Dec 11 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right my sport is needn something but not entirely sure what jus wondered if there any comon faults?

when i first start them car it wont idle for a few seconds unless it rec it to 1500 rpm for say 5 seconds thn it idles fine it does this everytime i start the car infact and has recently started to cut out when cumin down the revs this happend to my last one and replaced the camshaft sensor but due to it not being consistant and only being when the engine is heated up i am confused

HELP ME please
corsadonk
Premium Member

21st Dec 11 at 07:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say look at you idle air control valve.
Jonny.K

21st Dec 11 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they easy enough to change ?
dont think ive done one before personaly
corsadonk
Premium Member

21st Dec 11 at 18:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a right sod on a small block XE.

[Edited on 21-12-2011 by corsadonk]
Jonny.K

21st Dec 11 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aw shit itl need done like been told its jus a case of cleaning it out or something?

New Poll