corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » is a bouncy ride normal on a corsa b?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author is a bouncy ride normal on a corsa b?
brocade16vchris

User status: Offline
31st Mar 12 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my 2000 corsa b 1.2 16v club on standard springs seems to bounce at the rear quite significantly when travelling along, i have checked the tyre pressures and inflated them correctly which has reduced the amounth the car bounces when driving, it also seems to meet the bump stops when i drive over large bumps and uneven surfaces at speeds above 35-ish!?. Is this normal?, if yes what what be the best way to cure it?
cheers in advance
chris
Stuart H

31st Mar 12 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shock absorbers sound fucked mate
andy_mk3

31st Mar 12 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it sounds like the shocks are knackered. One way to 'test' them is to bounce the car up and down a couple of times, then you should have no more then 1 and a half bounces after that. So if you push down, it should go back up, down, then up again, and no more.
brocade16vchris

1st Apr 12 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers i shall try and do that tomorrow, as am unsure on the condition of the shocks as they werent an advisory on the mot that came with the car when i bought it in december, however the mot before that they were an advisory and on the advisory notice they have *'s next to them, as do the tyres that were replaced before i bought it?, so they may have been replaced, i shall test it tomorrow, cheers!
john_gilluley

6th Apr 12 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Replace shocks m8
brocade16vchris

8th Apr 12 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andy_mk3
Yeah it sounds like the shocks are knackered. One way to 'test' them is to bounce the car up and down a couple of times, then you should have no more then 1 and a half bounces after that. So if you push down, it should go back up, down, then up again, and no more.

i have tried this and the car only bounces once, increasing to about one and a half if you really bounce the car, so i presume it is normal for the car to have a bouncy ride, perhaps im just not used to it!?
john_gilluley

10th Apr 12 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try new shocks tht sorted mine

New Poll