corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Letting Agents

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Letting Agents
mattk

User status: Offline
29th Oct 12 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where do you get your contractors from for maintainence? There are dozens of agents round here and Im trying to think of a way to tap into them and get a bit of business, I figure a leaflet in the post would be chucked in the bin, a phone call would be annoying and an email probably not looked at. A visit would maybe a bit intense too?

just wondering if any agents on here would give their veiws?
Toby
Premium Member

29th Oct 12 at 16:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally have worked with letting and estate agents, i just went in to introduce myself first time and have a flirt etc and then the next time popped in and had a chat and bulit up a relationship, odd bottle of wine here and there and i have 4 estate/letting agents all working selling our services. In light of that the charm offensive worked but i did have something to chat about in common.

What i would say uis get yourself signed up to a local networking group such as the BNI, the chapter i was a member of in York could have kept the plumber in business for a year with referrals nevermind the work he was doing himself.
mattk

29th Oct 12 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for that.

Im thinking of going in for a chat, I have a house thats ready for let soon so was going to go in and ask about that and casualy mention Im a plumber and ask them to take a card.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
29th Oct 12 at 16:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure I'd combine the visits although it does give you a way in.
Toby
Premium Member

29th Oct 12 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Not sure I'd combine the visits although it does give you a way in.

I did that with one started off for a personal visit, dropped it in the hat why i was moving, got chatting and went from there.
Paul_JC

29th Oct 12 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i was a letting agent we had a couple of landlords that also offered services such as plumbing, carpentry and general maintenance. They first came in to have a house rented out and ended up becoming contractors.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

29th Oct 12 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personal visits.

Best way to grab attention from the other 10 that walk in a week is to offer an incentive to the neg. M&S vouchers or something for referred jobs maybe.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
jrsteeve

30th Oct 12 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm one and phone calls usually annoy my tits off, get them at least once an hour. Drop in some flyers with rough costings mentioned and maybe a 10% off first job type thing. Unless it's a small agency you might not be able to see the person who chooses the contractors though, be inventive by leaving a box of sweets for the staff with your flyers stuck on or something. If you can offer emergency call outs you'll already be on to a winner, make sure it's mentioned in the ad.
spencer88

30th Oct 12 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jrsteeve
I'm one and phone calls usually annoy my tits off, get them at least once an hour. Drop in some flyers with rough costings mentioned and maybe a 10% off first job type thing. Unless it's a small agency you might not be able to see the person who chooses the contractors though, be inventive by leaving a box of sweets for the staff with your flyers stuck on or something. If you can offer emergency call outs you'll already be on to a winner, make sure it's mentioned in the ad.

I would be carefuly leaving sweets and things.
We got warned about this before in that it can be seen as corporate bribery.

Silly I know, but worth taking care.
Gregor

5th Nov 12 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you had any luck with this matt?
mattk

6th Nov 12 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Havent followed it up yet to be honest. been quite busy. Going to my local BNI meet on tuesday morning though as suggested

New Poll