corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » mot fail

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author mot fail
taty

User status: Offline
   6th May 13 at 02:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my y reg vectra has failed on a few things
after checking on google most of the things seem not that hard to fix
but im not the best at working on cars so i thought i should check on here first before i started buying parts lol

001 exhaust has a major leak of exhaust gases 7.1.2 (fix the hole or new back box )
002 exhaust emissions lambda reading after 2nd fast idle outside specified limits 7.3.d.4 (would fixing the exhaust sort that)
003 nearside front antiroll bar linkage balljoint dust cover excessively damaged so that it no longer prevents the ingress of dirt 2.4.g.2 (would a new one of these fix that part )
004 nearside rear (inner) antiroll bar rubber bush deteriorated resulting in excessive movement 2.4.g.2 (is that this part )
005 offside rear (inner) antiroll bar rubber bush deteriorated resulting in excessive movement 2.4.g.2 (same as above )
006 offside rear upper (outer) suspension arm has excessive play in a pin/bearing 2.4.g.2 (realy not sure about this one is it this that i need )
007 0ffside front macpherson strut has excessive movement at the upper attachment 2.5.a.1c (would a new one of these fix that )
008 nearside front brake juddering severely 3.7.a.2b ( the tester mentiond that it could be that the caliper was sticking is there anyway to fix that or is a new one needed )
009 front brakes imbalanced 3.7.a.2d (would fixing above sort that ? )

and are any of these jobs that difficult that i will have to take it to the garage to be done

thanks to anyone that can help even a little
daine
Premium Member

6th May 13 at 06:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought you said "I'm not the best at working on car's", your parts list looks ok!
Get the exhaust sorted, take it back for another test, then when it passes that, take it home
and do the rest.
Drop link's are quiet easy to change mate.
ARB bushes are easy to replace, just make sure there the right ones for your car.
The rear upper suspension arm bush, think these have to be pressed in...
Front strut top mount, will be ok to do whilst you've got the drop link off, do this at the
same time.
front brakes! if the caliper is stuck on, free it off, but you will need to change pads and
disc as the heat melts the bonding agent out the pad onto the disc, this is were the term
Warped disc's comes from..

hope this helps.
taty

8th May 13 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers
good idea about doing the exhaust first didn't think of doing it that way
could save me a bit of cash if it still fails on the emissions

New Poll