corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » A few small problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author A few small problems
corsa king

User status: Offline
30th Sep 13 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello there,

It's been a long time since I posted up here due to selling my corsa and getting an E36. However, now I have now bought back my old corsa (1.0, envoy), which I am over the moon with. But it came with a few problems that it didn't have when I sold it

1) Before I sold it, a little latch type thing on the gear stick had to be lifted for it to go into reverse, now this is not the case. The latch seems to be not needed and the car can be put in reverse without it. This is quite annoying/dangerous as it can easily be mistaken for first gear. I had a look under the gaiter and there seems to be a small white block attched to the gearstick at the top, but nothing at the bottom. It lifts when the latch is pulled up. I will get a picture tomorrow so you can see.

I think I know how to fix (but if anyone knows for certain please let me know), but I can't for the life of me get the gear knob off. Its an after market one, and the part that attaches it to the stick is metal so traditional methods cannot be used, such as a hairdryer.

2) The passenger seat belt buckle has a yellow sign hanging out of it. It seems to function, but I have MOT coming up and I assume it's going to fail because of it. How would I go about replacing this?

3) This is something that has always bugged me - the accelerator pedal seems to be pretty stiff compared to other cars. Not sure if this is just how it is or not, but is there any way of making less stiff?

Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks!
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
30th Sep 13 at 23:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1. Would think the mechanism has been removed, presumably because the aftermarket knob didn't allow the lift up. On the standard stick it moves the lower portion away from a notch in the selector box, which you can see when you take the cover up. I would think you'll need to put a standard stick back in. If you strip the console down you can remove the pin at the bottom and have the whole stick out that way.

2. Seat belt tensioner, fires in an impact and pulls the seat belt tighter. Probably an MOT fail. Needs the unit replacing with one which hasn't fired.

3. Examine the cable route, although I know a lot of the 1 litres I've drive suffer from this. New cable might make it better, not sure.

New Poll