corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x16xe revs alot when started

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x16xe revs alot when started
jamjar15

User status: Offline
17th Jan 10 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote]Originally posted by Rob E
you can do it while its in place mate, just get some carb cleaner (make sure its got the straw attachment) remove the top half of the inlet manifold and squirt a load down the throttle flap and then wipe with a rag. If you angle the straw, you can get it in the little hole on the side that is used for idle control

quote:
Originally posted by jamjar15
yeah done that already but wanted to do a proper job. some reason when i start it now its revvin its tits off, would it be because whoever had it last used silicone sealant pretty much wherever they could so could it be the where the inlet gaskets suppost to be causing a bit of confusion for the idle control, map or maf sensor

got this from my other thread but none of the guys in my area are online so im trying here instead.

basically when i start the car it revs to around 5-6k rpm until i turn it back off. this morning when i had nothing to do i decided i'd clean the throttle body and change the icv because it when i started it, it idled around 400-500rpm and when i put the clutch down to change gear or stop for lights or traffic it would just stall unless it heel toed it so the accelerator kept the revs up which was a bit anoying in traffic.

any help would be much appreciated becuase i really need it tonight and would rather be drivin it when its not revvin like feck

New Poll